Ratings for Dr. Elodie Barbut

Absolutely horrendous experience with Elodie! Would not recommend her to anyone, she never booked the birthing unit we had planned and only found this out a week before I had my baby. She never indicated how dangerous it was to have a baby in a posterior position, which ended me up in a 60 hour labour which resulted in an emergency c section. Her complete incompetence as a midwife, a professional who is meant to provide care for mothers and babies, was absolutely disgusting. What she is doing in this practice is beyond me. I repeat, do not have this lady looking after you or your baby.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Terrible experience with Elodie-- in spite of having been in labour for nearly 30 hours with no advancing of the baby, she insisted on remaining at home to wait longer. My partner and I ended up in heated exchanges with her as we repeatedly asked to go to the hospital for further support; she refused, but we ultimately went anyway. The medical staff at the hospital said the baby was in distress and required an emergency c-section, and that the baby was not going to come out on its own, no matter how long we waited. Once at the hospital, she argued with staff their about whether or not we ought to be given a room; the nurse said obviously we would get a room, but Elodie was adamant it was not hospital policy to provide one in this case, since we'd been followed by a midwife. Clearly she was way out of her league and I have no idea how she is a licensed midwife. Bottom line, our baby would have died if not for our insistence on going to the hospital, in spite of her strong refusal to permit us to do so.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Where do I begin? Elodie was simply delightful to have as a midwife. I can't say I had my proper "birds and bees" education in school; I owe that to Elodie. From the beginning, she made me feel at ease and addressed all of my concerns patiently. If I was able to get through the delivery despite complications that ensued in the final hours, it was because I had Elodie there to encourage me, stay level-headed and in charge. I would only have her to deliver all of my babies if I didn't live now in Toronto. She gets my full endorsement!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I had Elodie for my first pregnancy so everything was new to me. She was very patient and extremely helpful and knowledgable. I would recommend her very highly! She made sure my experience was amazing and I'm very happy with how things turned out. I ended up having a premature baby and had to transfer to the care of an OB but she made sure to visit me and my son at the hospital and continued care for my son once he came home. If you are able to have Elodie as your midwife I would definitely say it is a blessing.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Elodie was excellent to work with. Appointments were very thorough and she always made sure that all my questions were answered. When I had an issue arise during my pregnancy she returned my call within 5 minutes. I would recommend her to anyone looking to be cared for by a midwife.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013