Ratings for Dr. Emad Alshigagi

I find this doctor to have a focus on money (he admitted this to me) and not so much patients. He is very judgmental about women's reproductive health . Saw him for a couple of years, will not be back.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2019

Very self absorbed and does not care about his patients.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2019

Dr. Alshigagi is personally a very respectful, kind and at the same time as a professional Medical physician I do believe that he is one of the best Physicians that I seek for advice regarding my medical issues. For the last three years he was and prudently is my family physician and I am quite happy and very comfortable for being my physician.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Wasted my time, and honestly wasted his time. I wouldn't say he's "rude", but he's definitely not friendly and I didn't feel comfortable talking to him about sensitive things. Not the best experience. Staff is okay, office is nice and generally efficient.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

While he was on time and efficient, he was disrespectful and judgemental of my life choices - yeah I haven’t made the best choices and I’m coming to the doctor to help me. Instead, I felt even worse. I went to get specific tests and advice and he hesitated helping me, or believing me. Very rude to women and based on what I could tell, he’s there to make money (he wouldn’t give me all my tests. Instead he wants to do them one at a time. Which means multiple visits and more money for him, and a waste of time for me.). Avoid him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2019

Dr. Alshigagi has never been anything but warm and kind and helpful. I have a chronic illness and we worked together to make the best plan for me. He's a very smart man, but there may be some cultural obstacles when it comes to understanding one another, which is why I believe the specific criticisms from prior commenters took issue with his communication, or rather miscommunication. I've unfortunately seen quite a few doctors throughout my life, and Dr. Alshigagi was willing to listen to me, try out new things, and eventually tailor a plan for me. Not many doctors, especially at a very busy walk in clinic, would take the time necessary to help a patient with a complicated illness. This took a lot of time and work, and I thank him for that. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Emad Alshigagi.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

Very nice doctor , highly recommended Very good experience

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

excellent and professional , i will not stop seeing him , all these comments has same writers i think , please dont listen , try to visit him and you will see by your self

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Absolutely horrible doctor who does not treat women with respect at all! He needs to have some humanity 101 training as he was insensitive about my bf (who is also a patient with this physician) who got into a serious car accident joking if it was his "fault" and essentially down playing any pain he was experiencing. We have been a patient of his for over two years and will now be taking our personal health care elsewhere. I do agree with some of the reviewers in the sense that he WAS at one point quite friendly and does seem to send us to alot of blood work and issuance of drugs.. but that is the extent of his medical tools/care. On numerous occasions he referred to diagnostics in latent language saying I was fat rather than an actual medical reasoning behind cause of illness. I also feel like I must spoon feed him medical questioning to find the root of the health issue (which I as a patient should not be doing..that is his job not mine). I truly encourage patients to look elsewhere in the downtown Edmonton core. It seems as though due to living in a disproportionate area considered "low income" comes with insensitive doctors who treat their patients as numbers rather than human beings.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

Much better than my prior GP whom I fired. I don't know what's with all the haters - well I do know - they all sound like they were written by the same nutbar.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018