Ratings for Dr. S Mulder

I really like Dr. Mulder. I had to see him multiple times in a short period of time due to pneumonia, and he was great. I thought his bedside manner was great, and he didn't seem rushed or annoyed with my questions like some doctors. Maybe it depends on the case, but I loved him. He gave me some sample medications since I had just started a new job and my benefits had not kicked in yet. I would recommend him for sure :)

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Hey. Found you my friend! Coming to see you!cant wait to compare notes of what you left behind. Have a good Christmas. Your new year is going to be challenging to say the least s going to be challenging to say the least.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I have no idea if Dr Mulder is a good Dr. or not. I do know however he is very defensive and shows no concern or compassion to those in need at all. He allows no room for discussion. His word is the final word It's to bad we have so few Drs. I'd be out the door in a heartbeat and still may well be. I am appalled at what Drs. can get away with due to the fact there are so few/ their standards of practice have really slipped and I think Dr. Mulder does believe he is God

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr, Mulder always has a sharpened pencil to write prescriptions once when I asked to see a Dietician for my weight problem and hyoertention I was told to look on the Internet? A year ago I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer I went overseas to get consultation on this and my hypertension I made a request for the name of my blood pressure pills, he refused we exchanged words, the results of my Dignostic work was posted online, I e-mailed thus information to Dr, Mulder, the clinicsame I went to in both Vietnam and China found no Tumour in my Prostrate but did find evidence of Cancer, I also have Heart failure (hardining of the arteries from HYPERTENSTION this was never mentioned to me by Dr, Mulder! I said I no longer wished to see Dr, Mulder, upon returning to Canada , I went to their the walk in clinic and was refused medical consultation and told no Doctor would see me! this was done in front of a Room full of waiting patients, my PSA results come to there office every two months , to get these results I have to sign a waiver! I am treated very coldly! No I don'the think much of Dr, Mulder or this Clinic! The tests done done in Vietnam were extensive and showed that Dr. Mulder was negligent in his care of me and in advising me properly on my Medical condition! Also I also see the unclean hands of Lawyers in this situation who are always ready to get a Law suit going! I am now unable to find a Dr,vehicle will take me!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Stefan Mulder is an excellent doctor. I have seen him multiple times as a walk-in patient and he is knowledgeable, takes time with you and has a sense of humor. As a walk-in patient he has gone above and beyond for me. I'm thankful for him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

We needed a referral for my 3 year old son, who has been seeing a pediatrician for two years. Having just relocated to Nanaimo, we have been unable to have a family doctor as none is accepting new patients. We went to the North Nanaimo Medical Clinic and when I registered I told them I needed a referral. One and a half hours later we were called. I took a step out to tell my son and husband to get in. We got into Dr. Mulder's office and waited. He showed up with another patient and kicked us out. Waited some more and when we finally were seen he said he wouldn't give us a referral. We were in disbelief and frustrated. Later I found out he indeed was required to issue a referral given our circustances, but for whatever reason he neglected to do what he is required to do. What a way to care for a child!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I am very reluctant to ever recommend this doctor. He never makes any eye contact, he often gets up and starts to leave the room, in the middle of my questions. He could be autistic, and also be a good doctor, but only if you need meds or vaccines. He really pushes pharmacy, and does not take anytime to inform me, or answer questions, or express any caring at all. He did not properly check my charts, or previous health conditions prior to subscribing meds. He has caused me to question the entire medical system because of his impersonal approach and insistence on medications at the expense of helping people to understand and possibly prevent reoccurring problems. He spends an extremely minimal amount of time with me, as if he actually dislikes people. After a couple minutes, he may actually attempt to leave, and if he doesn't, he is already gone in his mind.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

Dr Mulder listens, but doesn't really ever come to any solutions. He will write a few prescriptions, but if there is no effect, he just says "well, we tried...." He might be fine for simple issues, but for people with complex medical problems, I don't think he's up to the task.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013