Ratings for Dr. Tim Watson

Misdiagnosed my mother's condition -which turned out to be bleeding of the brain and not a back condition! Shouldn't be practicing. All him and his wife care about is money!!! I didn't even want to rate a star...should be zero!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

This doctor is a disgrace and should be investigated by Medicare. Where do I start? I've given him five stars for punctuality because he spends as little time as possible with each patient - you are in and out in no time, and consequently very rarely have to wait for him. When I had problems with bleeding between periods and had had an internal ultrasound (which had been requested by my normal GP at the practice), he viewed the results and said that I could either just put up with it or go on the pill and then basically pushed me out the door. No discussion, no referral for further tests or to a specialist, despite the fact that both my normal GP and I were very concerned about it. There was nothing in it for him so he didn't really care. He signed a certificate for the daughter of one of my friends to enable her to go scuba diving, despite the fact she had serious medical issues which would have prevented her from diving and in fact was extremely dangerous. He was able to charge extra for that consultation, so he didn't really care. Another friend required him, as her GP of a number of years, to write a letter providing certain details to a government department, which would have taken minutes to write, much like a referral to a doctor. Instead of writing it, he sent my friend home with his letterhead, asked her to write whatever she needed, and return it for him to sign. He owns the medical centre and everything he does is geared to making him rich. He certainly isn't in it for the right reasons. If I ever need to call up in the morning to try and get an appointment for that day, and he is the only doctor available, I would rather hold out until the next day or go elsewhere. He is a disgrace to his profession and if you are after quality medical care, I would avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017