Ratings for Dr. Ajmal Razmy

I was seen by Dr. Razmy in the mental health unit in September 2017 at Trillium Health Centre. He was reassuring and a good listener. After a week of treatment there I was referred to the outpatient clinic. He is also a psychiatrist there. He was my psychiatrist there for about three months. My first appointment with him was almost an hour. He took his time to get to know more about me and my illness. I didn’t feel shy or uncomfortable at all. He has an open and humourous personality which really helped me open up more and be more candid. As someone who would like to eventually get off of medication, he was open and understanding. His advice to stay with medication for some time (up to a year) has been helping me to not feel confined to lifelong medication. He has been the best psychiatrist I’ve met. I am no longer one of his patients unfortunately but I will always take his advice to focus on me and to always work on self improvement. Bless his heart. I highly recommend him to those with mental health concerns.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

I was looked after by Dr, Razmy for almost a year, through "Tele-Health"; visits over live television. He was very professional, knew his stuff, and, was the first "shrink" to make me feel comfortable and relaxed. He helped me very much. As well, he conducted a few visits which included my Partner being present. He has had to move on; and I will miss him in my Life.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I am relieved to hear that Dr. Razmy has made such a positive impact on some of his patients lives. My family and I unfortunately had a very different experience working with him while I was in the hospital. Our experience was extremely negative. He rarely meets with you, often going 2-3 days without seeing you, and that's during the week! When he does actually meet with you he spends literally two minutes talking to you, mostly about superficial things that don't even matter. He makes you feel like he doesn't really care at all, which is a pretty horrible feeling. He doesn't adjust your medications like other psychiatrists do when they aren't working, so it takes longer for you to get better. This is probably because he doesn't actually assess you properly, I mean how would he know that the meds don't work if he doesn't actually meet with you to talk to you about how you're feeling. It was actually an on-call psychiatrist that I saw over a weekend who reassessed my meds and got me onto something that actually worked. Dr. Razmy can be very rude and disrespectful to his patients and to their family members. He once shouted at me and threatened to "play hard ball too" if I challenged my Form. Isn't that within a patient's rights? He was repeatedly late for family meetings. He was once 45 minutes late for a family meeting that my sister had taken time off of work to attend. He didn't apologize for this. It's hard to believe that he's actually able to get away with this kind of behavior. I was thankfully switched to another psychiatrist after I was transferred out of the ICU. The second psychiatrist was much more supportive and provided me with excellent care. I will do everything I can to avoid ever having to work with Dr. Razmy again.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Don't think he cares about his patients.....Always taking time off and cancelling appointments, been seeing for almost a year and still not getting anywhere I would not recommend

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I am seeing Dr. Razmy through the new OTN Ontario Telemedicine Network, through a t.v. screen at my family doctor’s office in my town. I have just started seeing him, and so far, I am very impressed with his bedside manner, level of care and compassion, and the way he listens to me and asks questions. He makes me feel completely comfortable. He is helping me learn to live with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and Bi-Polar Disorder I. He is also investigating that I might have been prescribed too much Divalproex. My goal is to require less medication, and work on losing weight which I have gained recently since I recently stopped smoking. Well, as you can see, I like to move many “Mountains” at the same time! Dr. Razmy is the best Psychiatrist I have met, and I believe that he will do great work for me!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I encountered doctor Razmy in Trillium. I had tried to kill myself because I needed help and was willing to die to get it. It took him a few days to realize this and he then helped me with everything. I am actually happy for the first time in a very long time, due in a large part to his willingness to really THINK about a situation before acting. I would like to say Thank You personally, but I cant seem to get his contact info. I think I will call trillium and ask, something I never could have done before due to my anxiety..

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I went into Psych after my son passed away during childbirth. I was dealing with a complete nervous breakdown and not only did he address the circumstances using only as much medication as was needed, but he had the good sense to keep me in there to monitor me coming off of the prescribed medication. I am now medication FREE within a month of being out of the hospital and pleased that he took the time for extra monitoring and didn’t just put me on a long-term medication. I know he likely doesn’t handle scenarios like mine every day, but I was thankful for him. He did take 3 vacation days off while I was there… and had to stay the extra time because I think he forgot I was there. A little oversight but worth it for the high quality of care (when he came back!)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Razmy and his colleagues (Emma) are very helpful. They are non-judgmental, compassionate and very patient. Unlike most other doctors I've dealt with over the years, he is careful with prescribing too many meds. This is refreshing. Overall, nice man, very smart and perfect for somebody struggling with both mental and physical issues.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013