Ratings for Dr. Braad Sowman

I saw Dr Sowman after spending 12 months in constant pain after herniation of my L4-L4 & L5-S1 discs and a root nerve crush which radiated pain all the way down my left leg to my foot. Dr Sowman, after seeing my scans and chatting to me advised that although I was most definitely a candidate for surgery, that I needed to make the decision myself after exhausting all rehabilitation possibilities. This kind of thoughtful and patient first approach is rare and was very much appreciated. I am youngish to have a double discectomy so I appreciated his honesty. After 9 months of rehab i am now thinking of going back to see him as I have suffered 2 more relapses since. Definitely recommend him, a Dr with great patient communication is rare!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr Sowman seems like a lovely man, and very knowledgeable of the spine. The only problem is, being an orthopedic surgeon, you would think he would know the importance of the neck? And to not know that a problem with the neck causes major problems everywhere else? Not to mention the nausea and constant headaches.. FML

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I had to have back surgery immediately as I was recently given the privilege of escorting the roll of honour which is a list of the 42 young Australians killed in Afghanistan through Spain on the Camino de Santiago . The brilliant staff organised a back injection and consultation in one day and surgery nine days later after speaking with Dr Sowman. As part of the defence community we thank you very much for your consideration in performing surgery in such a busy field so urgently so as to give me maximum time for recovery to complete my task. Thank you very much the surgery was so good I was discharged the following morning and I am walking without pain.If you are considering a surgeon look no further than this skilled man and if you have then you will have peace of mind knowing you have a knowledgeable surgeon with a humerus bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I saw Mr Braad Sowman for treatment of my chronic sciatica on 16/12/2016 at St John of God. He was very patient with me and answered all my questions in a clear, kind and caring manner. He was a professional in all aspects of his practice. I am happy to say that the pain on my lower right leg was gone 2 days after my operation. I am so pleased and happy I can lead a normal life now without suffering from Sciatica. I appreciate his care, I think he is a great doctor. - J.L

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

After being admitted to hospital with very bad sciatic pain in my left buttoc, & leg. I had suffered with this for 18 months. Doctor Sowman was shocked that i had suffered with this for so long. I told the Doctor, because of my age 82 surgery would be unwise. He put me on the waiting list, kept me in Hospital, and after 5 postponements he finally operated on me. 6 weeks later, i'm fit, & free from pain, & after 18 months of severe pain , to me Doctor Sowman is a Saint.

Submitted January 10, 2017

Immediately after walking into Dr Sowman's offices I was more comfortable than I had been at other surgeons. His staff were incredibly helpful, personable and kind. Dr Sowman took the time to explain things to me, answer my questions and provided a genuinely human approach. I left feeling much better about my situation, despite agreeing that surgery was not the right choice for me. I am so grateful to have seen a surgeon that put me as the patient first.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I saw Dr Brad Sowman after years of seeing chiropractor's, Osteopath's and Physiotherapists. He was very helpful, answering my questions and explaining anything I wasn't clear on. I felt very comfortable and will be back when I'm ready for surgery.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I saw Dr Braad Sowman today about sciatic pain that I have been having in my leg. I took in a long list of questions in which he managed to answer most of them without me having to ask. He was honest and took the time to explain about my problem and we did not feel rushed. I will go back to see him if I need further treatment. Maria

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

This has to be the most arrogant doctor I have ever seen. He suggested this was a money making exercise for me as this related to a car accident. If I can have my health back to how it was before the accident the insurance commission can stick their money up their backsides as far as I am concerned. As far as this doctor is concerned I would not even send my dog to see him!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I saw Dr Sowman about my back and leg pain 6months ago. I found staff very helpful with making appointment. Dr Sowman performed a laminectomy form leg pain which has now gone! I am very happy with the service provided and have recommended him to my friends already !

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016