Doctor Van lacks crucial knowledge required for her field. She asks her patients to choose their own medication. After having one abnormal pap smear she told me I had HPV (even though the HPV test she conducted was negative) and that either I or my husband must have had many sexual partners. In my opinion, that's very unprofessional and inappropriate. She never told me I did not have HPV and she never told me about the other several possibilities that would cause an abnormal pap smear. I had to wait two months panicking until I met with an OBGYN who said an abnormal pap smear is not all that uncommon.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Was not able to speak to her recently? Missed messages between clerk and doctor. Ended up urgent care in Cumberland which helped me a great deal. I need a full time doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Office Staff is horrendous!!! Makes me want to find a new Dr so I don't have to deal with them. Really wish the Drs would realize how rude they are to patience and replace them. It's a shame.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I agree with the comment made before me. The staff at the widow are rude and not friendly. I wonder if Dr.Van knows this :(

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr. Van is wonderful, but I have to agree with other comments about the office staff. I avoid calling at all cost because of the staff that answers the phone. I wish she would send her staff to some training or at the very least teach them how to deal with her patients.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Vann is a nice woman however her office is a disaster to deal with. Its impossible to get an appointment because she is physically not in the office very often (child, lincoln high school teaching, time off). It takes me several attempts for my referrals to be sent to my specialists. Another issue I have is she doesn't return calls. You'll be lucky if you get a call from a secretary who has no medical knowledge. Its very frustrating; You cant get a sick appointment or even a phone call. Im transfrering out.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I just love Dr Michelle Van. she was the only Doctor that helped me with my high blood pressure. She is kind, never rushes our appts and is the most proactive Dr Ever. I recommend her to everyone i know. She is the best Dr Ever, Luv her

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Truly attentive and listens to what you say. Caring. Very proffesional.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Dr. Michelle C. Vannieuwenhuize's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Van lacks crucial knowledge required for her field. She asks her patients to choose their own medication. After having one abnormal pap smear she told m..."

August 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Was not able to speak to her recently? Missed messages between clerk and doctor. Ended up urgent care in Cumberland which helped me a great deal. I need a fu..."

November 30, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Office Staff is horrendous!!! Makes me want to find a new Dr so I don't have to deal with them. Really wish the Drs would realize how rude they are to patience ..."

November 26, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Michelle" to "Michelle C."

October 20, 2013
  • Last Name changed from "Van Nieuwenhuize" to "Vannieuwenhuize"

January 28, 2012
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

January 28, 2012