Dr. Michelle C. Vannieuwenhuize

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michelle C. Vannieuwenhuize

She works 3 days a week. When I call on one of her work days, I frequently get a voice message saying that the staff is busy or on the phone. Really! On the 3 days she works, I would like to speak to a person.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I question Dr. Van's judgement given she allows her staff to be rude and unprofessional. If you can't manage that how can you manage my care?

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Doctor Van lacks crucial knowledge required for her field. She asks her patients to choose their own medication. After having one abnormal pap smear she told me I had HPV (even though the HPV test she conducted was negative) and that either I or my husband must have had many sexual partners. In my opinion, that's very unprofessional and inappropriate. She never told me I did not have HPV and she never told me about the other several possibilities that would cause an abnormal pap smear. I had to wait two months panicking until I met with an OBGYN who said an abnormal pap smear is not all that uncommon.

Submitted August 14, 2015

Was not able to speak to her recently? Missed messages between clerk and doctor. Ended up urgent care in Cumberland which helped me a great deal. I need a full time doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Office Staff is horrendous!!! Makes me want to find a new Dr so I don't have to deal with them. Really wish the Drs would realize how rude they are to patience and replace them. It's a shame.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I agree with the comment made before me. The staff at the widow are rude and not friendly. I wonder if Dr.Van knows this :(

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Dr. Van is wonderful, but I have to agree with other comments about the office staff. I avoid calling at all cost because of the staff that answers the phone. I wish she would send her staff to some training or at the very least teach them how to deal with her patients.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Vann is a nice woman however her office is a disaster to deal with. Its impossible to get an appointment because she is physically not in the office very often (child, lincoln high school teaching, time off). It takes me several attempts for my referrals to be sent to my specialists. Another issue I have is she doesn't return calls. You'll be lucky if you get a call from a secretary who has no medical knowledge. Its very frustrating; You cant get a sick appointment or even a phone call. Im transfrering out.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013