Ratings for Dr. Amit M. Patel

Kind, intelligent, legit pain specialist. I highly recommend. I have to disagree with the patient who said treatments where required before given medications. Not my expierence. Dr. Patel philosophy is only to keep patientsome on pain meds until he gets to the root of your problems and helps you. Without having proper procedures how can that be done. Pain meds are not good for you. I want off mine as soon as I can. He is not a pill pusher. He wants to treat your problem with the most modern treatments available. If you go to his website he has an interview about pain meds. He is the first doctor I have been to who showed true compassion and really wants to help you. If you just want medications without trying treatments to help you than I guess you need to find a clinic that will do that. They will help you stay xomfortable and also wean off meds when problem.is resolbed. My visit was very pleasant. Nothing like I read from these other pain clinics. It is more like a doctor's office and he is the real deal. Credentials and reviews amazing. I know I do not want to be on meds my whole life so to expect apain doctor to just supply you with meds without trying other ways to help your pain doesn't make sense. He also only wants to start with treatments your insurance covers. Thishe is not a doctor out for money like I read about at other pain clinics. He is passionate about helping resolve your pain. Just giving you meds without trying anything else is not how this practice works nor should it be. It is what I love about it. So I totally disagree with one reviewer. Like one of my mayo doctors said, who was beyond pleased I found Dr.Patel as he did his fellowship at Mayo, said he knew I would be in good hands because Mayo Clinic is very into treating pain without chronic use of narcotics. I would have been upset if I was just handed a prescription for pain meds with no treatment plan Anyways I highly recommend Dr. Patel and his clinic. I have been to multiple specialist, not pain, and gotten nowhere and never shown the compassion and determination to fix my problem and I feel beyond blessed I found him and his clinic. Other pain clinics I read about horrified me to tears and I felt so sad for the reviews I read for people in chronic pain being treated that way, being ripped off and given treatments that hurt more than helped. I have read about pain specialists and they have to be careful about meds they hand out and also treatment plans are required not just to give you pain meds and send you on your way. Please try this clinic if you suffer with chronic pain and do not want to be a prisoner to narcotics.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

If I did not agree to a procedure, I would not receive any medication. That was the ultimatum I was given on my initial evaluation, which did not include objective evidence of my pain, such as an X-ray. Another example of a pain management doctor who pushes patients into expensive procedures before maximizing conservative therapies.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Patel is one of the kindest and professional Dr.s I have ever seen. He spends so much time with me and truly cares about his patients. His dedication is SO obvious. I TOTALLY recommend him over all others.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Overheard him having a morning meeting with his staff and he actually was very inspiring. He holds care and respect of the patient above all else. He said the patient comes first and the money is not important!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Very nice Doctor Staff very friendly. Wait time 10 minutes. Would recommend

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

The doctor actually spends time with you and has compassion. You can tell he really loves what he does. This is rare in pain management!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr. Patel and Dr. Yuk are compassionate and skilled physicians who set Advanced Pain Specialists apart from the rest of the pain management doctors in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Amit M. Patel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med (Grad. 2008)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2010)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 2012)