Ratings for Dr. Barbara Montgomery

Awful doctor. Awful person. Waste of time going..................

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

She is awful, brushes you off. Sorry but your a doctor it's your job. The new receptionist is very rude. I'm looking for a new doctor that will actually care or pretend to about my husband and I and our kids. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Litterally the one of the worst family doctors ive ever been to, i wouldnt recommend having any of my family or friends go to her, she doesnt take time to diagnose she just jumps to conclusions and is very rude. I dont even know how she still practices

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

She is a succubus of a woman. Told me to get an app for my phone 2 days after my husband died. She said "I dont DO Eastern medicine. She happen to see Cannabinoids in my blood. I legally have the right to consume cannbis. Thats not why i was there. I had complaints of migraines assiciated with nose bleeds and fainting due to high stress and grieving. She left the room while i was still talking to her. I honestly dont know how or why this she devil of a woman is still a Doctor. Wow!! Ps she works at the Courtice clinic. Try to avoid the female drs there along with the condensending orthorpedic sports surgeon Dr McAllister. And GP. Dr. S. Jin. Miserable woman!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Not a nice or caring person. She is rude and blames all of your problems on you. If you want to get actual help from a nice doctor then do not go to Dr. Montgomery. I do not feel comfortable talking to her about anything, would rather go to a walk in clinic.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have been with Dr Montgomery for 7 years now, not once has she treated me poorly or been rude to me and I have gone to her with a lot of thing. She has even been kind enough to ask how my parents where and how my son is. Yes she can be direct sometimes but what Dr isn't. Her respectionist Jane on the other hand can be rude and ignorant and I have had to confront her multiple times. But Dr Montgomery she is a good Dr!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

It has taken over a year to write how the incompetence of B. Montgomery. My husband and I were her patients for many years. We were unsure if we could find another Dr. and as we didn't have serious health problems until approximately 3 years ago. Five of our family members left her practice 4 years prior due to incompetence. My husband was given a medication which had many side effects. For 2 years he suffered many of these side effects which included severe behavioral problems and rashes. Her solution was for me to move to another bedroom or out of the house after 45 years of marriage. As for the rash all over his legs, varicose veins was her diagnosis. When he stopped taking the medication, both problems were rectified! On his many visits to her office, she called him an alcoholic repeatedly and as a result, had his drivers license removed. One of his requirements to get it back was to see a specialist. This accusation was proven otherwise. It took 10 months for his license to be reinstated. I cannot tell you how humiliating and devastating this was for a 70 year old man who had a alcohol free driving record all his life and drove for a living for over 35 years!! After receiving our medical records it was noted that I had a hysterectomy????? Must be another patient!!! On a good note, you never have to wait long in her office as you will be the only patient!!! It is unfortunate that Medical Board "protects their own" to the detriment of so many patients needing good medical care!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

She is absolutely the worst Doctor I have ever dealt with. Failed to miss a very obvious dx of extreme scoliosis in me as a child, which was brought to my attention by an RMT. All this after years of going to her with extreme pain she brushed off as "growing pains". She told me I had Osegoode slaughter disease which I would outgrow by 14-16 but here I am at 22 with no signs of change. I have also experienced many cases of strep throat and one of mono over the years, so when I would see her and say I had strep (after 4-6 cases a year, I had a pretty good idea when I had it and when it was just a sore throat) she would brush me off and send me home. I actually had to skip my high school exams once because I had a very high fever, and ringing ears that left me in no shape to be anywhere but my bed. She told me it was a viral infection and to go home and take an Advil, without so much as a throat swab to confirm or deny. Went back the next day and she reluctantly gave me antibiotics which had me feeling much better within 24 hours. After years of this I had asked her for a referral to an ENT to talk about a tonsillectomy. She said I was wasting my time because "only small children with a history of ear infections get that done" (a quick Google search will tell you this is far from the truth, I am also a nurse now so I knew right then that she lied straight to my face. Got a referral and the ENT said I should've seen him years prior and I was a great candidate for a tonsillectomy despite being in my 20's (it's easier when you're younger). Lastly, when I was in school for nursing I had to get an immuninzation update and TB test. I informed her of an adverse reaction I had to the pertussis and MMR vaccines as a child, and even had my mother confirm with her that this had taken place as I was an infant when it happened with another dr who has changed fields. She told us that it was simply untrue, and gave me a scratch test on my arm to see what would happen. My arm blew up like a balloon and had a rock solid mass of swollen tissue for about 2 weeks. It was very stiff and painful and could have been avoided. When I went back for a TB test she gave me the two step, and informed me that I was positive. She did not measure my result as she should have and immediately told me I had no choice and that I would have to go on heavy antibiotics for 9 months if I wanted to continue with nursing school. After speaking to the nurse at my school who deals with all of the tests and immuninzation results she told me I didn't have to be on anything if I didn't want to be, as long as I got a chest X-ray to clear me, or I could take meds that were only for 4 months instead of 9 (you can't drink when you're on these either) So I stopped taking the antibiotics which I had been on for a month, which made me feel awful anyways. I have since found a new doc who is absolutely wonderful and hears my concerns instead of brushing me off. He repeated my two step tb and it turns out that dr Montgomery was wrong and that I am not actually tb positive. And that the redness and swelling could be attributed to my fair and sensitive skin going through the induration period of the test (you introduce fluid under the skin so everyone gets a bit of a bump from that. Another point I may add is that whenever I went to see her alone she was very short and rude to me, but if I went with my mother she was all sunshine and rainbows. The only good thing I can say about her is that I was able to get appointments for the next day or whenever I wanted to but maybe this is because she doesn't see a lot of patients since she's awful? Do not take her on as your doctor if you're considering it. Her heart is not in it, she doesn't care about her work anymore and I have suffered for years unnecessarily because of it.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Hit or miss is SO TRUE! Depends on her mood is how good your visit will be. My family have been a patient of hers for years. Looking for a new Doctor. Someone that is fresh and cares for the patients. Time to retire!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

the most uncaring, unfeeling Dr. I have every met . Misdiagnosis etc. etc. etc. Can't say anymore as I am too upset.......

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016