Ratings for Dr. Stephen Pasternak

reception was not friendly, the only good thing I can say is the doctor was punctual. He walked into the room slathered antiseptic stuff on his hands dripping wet and stuck his hand out for me to shake, I grabbed onto 2 fingers...gross. It seemed he didn't take the time to look at what my doctor had sent. Made insensitive comments like my brother had schizophrenia maybe that was what my dad had (recently diagnosed with alzheimers in his 80's) and starting to hallucinate. He had no idea what was going on with me and tried to put my symptoms down to stress, wouldn't you be if you were homeless? On the other hand he thought I was handling quite well but wanted to prescribe pills, pills because there isn't housing in the city. I was left in the room while he went out to meet the next patients and got up and left myself when I heard him say well you can go in. I won't be going back to this doctor, a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr Pasternak was quick and thorough doctor in giving me a diagnosis of MCI-Early Alzheimer's. He answered all the questions I had. Dr Pasternak let me know how I can help others in getting a cure or better understanding of this disease by enrolling in the MCI study. He also let me know about future tests that I will be having and how the medication may affect me. I didn't mind waiting as Dr Pasternak was the 5th Neurologist that I had seen and finally got a diagnosis. This was a relief as it took over 2 years to finally get the answers. I didn't mind waiting because I didn't want to be referred to a 6th neurologist to figure this out. As for support, there are other places for that. The Alzheimer's Society of Canada has a great website. London, Ontario has an awesome chapter full of support staff and volunteers that will help before and after getting diagnosed. I recommend anyone, who are going through the challenges of symptoms and getting a diagnosis to get help from everywhere they can for their support system. I hope this helps everyone.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. He gave us a diagnosis of MCI and said we may want to look for an Alzheimer's support group. That is all. No explanation of what we were facing and no options and no help. This doctor seemed like he had no normal social skills. He had trouble just trying to be in a room with other people. He twitches, rubs his hands abnormally and can't look a person he is speaking to in the eye. What he did to me was traumatic. He gave a diagnosis of MCI to my wife and then left me holding the bag. I had to surf the internet to understand what MCI was. He made me tell my wife what she had and it's ramification. He made me the bad guy. Too be sure though. I believe the diagnosis. We are seeking a second opinion so that someone might care and help us.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

He is an amazing doctor!!! He is very careful with his diagnosis and is always accurate!!! He's the best!!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

We went to see Dr. Pasternak and we were not impressed with his bedside manner. He was quick to diagnose my boyfriend with mild cognitive impairment and he told us it was the early stages of alzheimers. He did not consider any other factors and he lacked compassion when he told us the news and he was very matter of fact. When we received a second opinion, the doctor told us there may be other factors effecting his score. We also felt rushed out. The second visit was better. I think he needs to work on communicating bad news to his patients more effectively with more empathy.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014