Ratings for Dr. Anthony Akinnawonu

I've been seeing Dr. A for about 3 years now and am truly amazed at how he's still hanging in there with me! He doesn't scare easily lol. From the very first time I met him, I felt so at ease. I knew I needed some answers as to why my life has always been total chaos for me . I also knew that I'd come to the breaking point when I made the decision that if this was going to continue to be my life for the remainder of it, I would end it now, by myself. I hated life and most of all, I hated having to live it. Dr.A spent the time it took for me to not only find an answer as to why my life "was" so chaotic , he also put me on the right medications for what he had diagnosed me with. I'm now a much happier, confident person who looks forward to getting up every morning. He's the Very Best of the BEST and has been nothing short of a Blessing to me. Yeahhhh Dr. A!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Life-Saver! I owe this doctor my life! He saved me when I almost gave up on life. I was on the verge of committing suicide and I was seriously contemplating physician-assisted death as I was not sure I would be successful after trying it. However, my family took me to this doctor and he showed me a different aspect of life and how my life could be better. He made me realize how I was missing out on life and I will remain forever grateful to him. Since then, I have had an amazing life and I now know how to problem-solve a lot better with the mindfulness and coping skills strategies I have learned to use in my everyday life. Thank you very much Dr Akinnawonu! You are indeed my life-saver!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Wonderful doctor. I am so grateful for this man. He has worked so hard to help me. I have been his patient for 3 years or so. He treated me for severe anxiety, insomnia and depression. I became much better under his care and I successfully stopped abusing drugs and alcohol. He didn't give up, trying different treatment plans until I felt better. He was so thorough. Today my anxiety is manageable, I am no longer having panic attacks or freezing up and shaking uncontrollably. I am no longer depressed and I sleep like a baby! :)

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

HANDS DOWN THE BOSS OF ALL docs.. Explains everything to you clearly and by the book and he doesn't judge only give's out the best/proper medical advice and treatments.. Only doc I've ever been comfortable around you can literally tell him anything and all he'll do is help in anyway he possibly can by the book.. personally I think all doctors should be that way.. there would be a lot more healthy/happier people out there.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

He is an excellent, amazing and caring doctor that is very helpful, understanding and professional. He offered compassion, advice and he made a sound diagnosis and offered excellent thoughts. I have been symptom-free since I met him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Akinnawonu is a fantastic Doctor. He cares about his patients, listens, is helpful and knowledgeable, and even punctual. He takes his time to speak, listen, and explain things to people. Again, an excellent Dr. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Fabulous Doctor. Treats you like an individual. Listens, repeats what he hears to confirm he heard you right. Compassionate, thorough, honest, tactful, warm, and kind. First psychiatrist I've truly clicked with, and it was immediate! I felt respected, and cared for. Will squeeze you in the same day if it's an emergency. Communicates with my family doctor, well. Will continue to see him for as long as he he remains here in Red Deer. Staff is fabulous as well. Kind, respectful, courteous. The staff call the day before the appointment to remind you, which is nice due to my poor memory.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

He helped me in the darkest hours of my life. He is compassionate and determined to find a treatment plan that fits me.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016