Ratings for Dr. M Disilvestro

I'm sure he is a top notch surgeon. Part of being a good doctor however, is to communicate with a patient. I was surprised that this surgeon couldn't manage little things like writing a prescription on a piece of paper. I guess when a doc has the same questions from a pt it must get taxing to answer every day, but that is just as important part of the job as the skills. I have felt that my questions were addressed with the minimal number of words. Unfortunately I also feel that some of the answer just wasn't right. All in all I am lucky to have had such a talented surgeon, but, have been quite upset with some of the things around communication and administration.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Poor communicator. I don't think this doctor ever listened to any of my concerns and none were addressed before or after surgery. Very poor follow up care. Had complications, took repeated visits to convince dr that something was not right after hip surgery. Ordered tests but never once did an examination. Said tests didn't show any problems however still could not bear weight, bend leg and could only walk short distance before severe hip pain. Finally went to my family dr and I asked for a appointment elsewhere. New OS did quick exam, asked a couple of questions, had xray done and wihin 20 seconds of looking at xray, slipped cup due to no bone adhesion possibly never did adhere properly. Specialized testing to rule out infection, but either way, more surgery needed. Still have never heard back from this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013