Ratings for Dr. Allen Kamrava

I had surgery for my pilonidal cyst with two other surgeons and it returned each time. A friend of mine had had a good experience with Dr. K and suggested I meet with him. The office was clean and his staff was really welcoming. Anyway, I felt comfortable with him and went forward with the surgery. He did a flap and the recovery was easier than I had expected and it healed. So far so good, but seems to have done the trick.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I'm a little OCD, but went to him for my third opinion. He said I didn't need surgery while the other two said it was life or death if I didn't. He cautioned to wait it out and to call if anything worsened, and said that most likely in about 4 - 6 weeks, all would be good ... 2 months and counting, 100% better and no surgery. Just guidance and support.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Underwent a surgery for my colon at St. John's hospital with him for my diverticulitis. He used a robot and I had a few small incisions. I went home after only 2 days in the hospital and was back at work the following week. My GI doc Dr. Berookim referred me - I'm really grateful.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Treated me for colon cancer. Had the procedure done with him at St. John's hospital in Santa Monica, which I was overall very pleased. I opted in the end to have the surgery done robotically. I left the hospital three days after surgery, and took no pain medications after having my colon removed for Cancer! That in itself exceeded my expectations. But more so, Dr. Kamrava and his staff, Yuliis and Zoila - they are great. The experience from meeting them to the surgery, my recovery - all exceeded expectation. My primary care physician Dr. Veiseh had recommended I see him, I forever grateful.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Approachable. Never felt like he was pushing a procedure on me. Explained things clearly. Made it clear he was readily available. Didn't rush me out of the office. Ended up having my procedure with him and it went well. He warned me that my particular surgery would be painful, and it was - but he prepared me for it, so it was not a surpise. Coached me along the way and now I'm better.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Clean office. Made me comfortable. Didn't pressure me into surgery ... actually dissuaded me from surgery. Made himself available for follow up questions.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

He's approachable and made me comfortable for something that truly is so opposite of that. I got the feeling he really cares. He didn't push me to surgery and actually encouraged me to read online, see what I find, and call him with questions based on what I see online. Have already recommended him to a close friend of mine.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Kamrava is the butt Whisperer. He helped me and a family member. We trust him wholly.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Kamrava made me whole. It's unbelievable how a small problem in the never regions could be so incapacitating ... I went a little nuts and saw a few surgeons. One dismissed me as crazy, the other tried to rush me to surgery ... but Dr. K I really felt like he listened and got me. He actually just coached me through the problem and within several days I was much better. I didn't need surgery, but I did need someone to be there for me, and he was. Thank you Dr. K. Really and truly. Your a gem.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Personable. Approachable. Makes an incredibly difficult situation comfortable. And made me better. I trust him fully.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr. Allen Kamrava's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2006)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal