Ratings for Dr. Mudassir Iqbal

I was loosing balance and power in my legs and was admitted in Chilliwack hospital for 2 weeks and had tons of investigations and doctor visits but no clear answers. Eventually I was told that my issues were from alcohol and I hardly ever drink! I was then referred to DR Iqbal and saw him in office and after detailed exam he told me my spinal cord was compressed in my neck and he arranged an urgent MRI which showed he was right. I had surgery done on my neck one week later by Dr Heran in Royal Columbian. I owe my health and well being now to Dr Iqbal and his brilliant judgment on my case. I found him to be competent , polite, he explained everything to me so well and not to mention his sassy 'irish accent' . Initially I thought he was far too young looking to be a doctor let alone a specialist. Dr Iqbal is the best specialist I know of, and no wonder he stands among top rating doctors in Canada . Keep up your good work, but i find it v hard to get a sooner appt with him :(

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I had difficulty with swallowing, vision and jaw weakness and was seen by 6 doctors in 4 months and they kept putting my symptoms down to stroke and sent me to surrey memorial hospital. Eventually my GP got fed up and sent me urgently to Dr Iqbal cause I was getting worse :( Thanks to the brilliance of Dr Iqbal who 'listened' to me and did through assessment for 45min and made diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis on the spot! it turned out I never had a stroke and my blood tests came positive from UBC. Dr Iqbal is thorough, polite, warm and competent the way I see it. I have and will always have great respect for this genius. I'm so very thankful and impressed with his treatment. He called me with the results right away! he clearly told me he doesn't contact patients with normal results and his office only contacts if there is any abnormal results (which makes perfect sense to me) and I think that addresses those concerns made by the last review. I also don't see why would a physician be at fault if someone had issues with an MRI scan? I think Dr Iqbal is the best specialist I have ever come across in years

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Was sent this Dr who is now practicing in Abbotsford, to find out why I'm having seizures. Which might be caused by my TBI that I suffered in 2001. Waited a year for the MRI I had to call his office for the results, the secretary said he obviously didn't see a problem or he would have called. So he didn't notice the severity of my brain injury and doesn't know what causes my seizures.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Examined by this Dr. and sent for an MRI at RIH. Proceeded to SS and vomited up my tonsils! Have had MRI's before without this result. I was never even called about the results which I was told I would be. Finally, just gave up and got another referral. I am sincerely glad he has helped some people tho. Nothing worse than a neurological condition!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Went a year and a half with horrible neck pain /seizures and no "Canadian" educated Dr. could diagnose the problem. In less than 2 minutes Dr. Iqbal had me diagnosed with trimenegal neuralgia, and a drug regime that has it under control, for over two years now. Incredible doctor, too bad he has moved to the Fraser Valley.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

This doctor is a genius. My son has epilepsy, issues with vision, balance , and bad headaches since childhood. We have been going through different doctors nearly all our life. No one figured it out and just gave him epilepsy meds . It was an admission to Abbotsford hospital ,recently, that we saw Dr Iqbal. He gave a thorough assessment and he did tests urgently, and on his second visit he diagnosed my son with rare condition Von Hippel Lindau disease.. Dr Iqbal found the disease in the brain and also found tumors in kidneys .It turned out that I also have the gene in my blood. Our experience with Dr Iqbal was no less than excellent. I found him to be polite, very professional, he explained everything well, and was very respectful. He has great bedside manner, and not to mention his great sense of humor and smart looks. At this point nearly everyone in our town have heard great things about him and want to see him. He is one of the best specialists I have come across in years, and I will recommend him to everyone without a second thought!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

This doctor is one of the worst doctors I have seen. He is impatient and rude. I tried to tell him that I could not do the movement he requested, but he told me to be quiet. His conclusion was that I needed to see my gp for some tranqulizers. There was no discussion about the reason I was there. So I am left in limbo

Submitted April 29, 2016

The most knowledgable and caring Doctor I have seen in my life and because of my long standing history of neurological disorders I have had many doctors! He spends as much time required with me to assure I'm well heard and taken care of!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

We are so happy to have Dr. Iqbal in the Fraser Valley. He is warm, caring, kind and ever so helpful. He will keep trying everything he can to help your migraines...he doesn't give up. I have never had that experience with a neurologist before. For me, he also helped diagnose other disorders that other specialists should have found. I am so happy you are my doctor, Dr. Iqbal...keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I can't believe Dr Igbal has moved to Abbotsford , that is SO sad! He saved my husbands life two years ago and I have never met such a caring Dr in all my life! I don't know who we will go to if my husband has any reoccurring neurological problems ...there is no Dr like him

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015