Dr. Mudassir Iqbal

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mudassir Iqbal

I had numbness in my right foot and had weakness in my legs for the last 2 years. I saw physiotherapists, rehab physicians, ER physicians in Mission, Abbotsford to name a few, but none of them got to the bottom of my problem. I was getting worse to the point that I could hardly walk and had intense pain. Things turned around when I dumped my last family doctor and got a new one who sent me to Dr Iqbal . Dr Iqbal spent an hour with me and did thorough assessment and 'listened' to what I had to say. He diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis after doing various tests and MRI scans. He started me on latest MS treatment Lemtrada cause I was progressing and I am doing so much better now! Dr Iqbal is considerate, warm, skillful and competent. I can say confidently that he is simply the best

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Awesome, kind, exceptional doctor who actually listens to what you say and cares enough to follow up. He's in a league of his own. So lucky to have him :)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

closed our file before xray resulting in need for another referral. Too slow to process patients. Did not send referral as promised; lied about trying to reach us for follow up appt to tell us (again) there would be a referral. Person we were referred to asked why it took so long for us to get to see him!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

My husband had a devastating stroke few weeks ago and outlook seemed quite uncertain. Doctor Iqbal treated my husband with great diligence, and compassion. He sent him to RCH where he had clot removal treatment and he returned home without any disability. I am so very grateful to you Doctor Iqbal for saving my husband's life. We pray for you all the time, God bless

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Sent from my iPhone Begin forwarded message: My legs were getting weaker, I was struggling to walk, I couldn't chew food easily and fatigue for at least 11 years and was attending UBC and New West neurologists. They did all kinds of tests, nerve testing, MRIs ,muscle biopsy and what not , and in the end i was told they weren’t sure what was wrong with me. Initially I was told I had probably MS and then said was told I may have a mitochondrial disease of some nature. The treatment I was given didn’t help at all to add to my misery. Eventually I asked my doctor to refer me locally and saw Dr Iqbal last year in August in Abbotsford hospital . He went through things with me and asked me see him again in February this year. On this visit he examined me in detail and listened to what I had to say very patiently and diagnosed me with myasthenia gravis . He was dead right because medications he gave me helped me right away and my tests for myasthenia were positive. I got worse again few weeks later ,and he transferred me to st. Paul's where I got plasma exchange treatment and I feel 100% better . I was impressed with his confidence, intelligence , great communication skills and truly he is a genius. I will rate him as number 1 specialist doctor in BC easily. I overheard from someone he might move and I pray he doesn't 😞. Dr iqbal ! people in Mission need you and keep up your great service to our community . However , I found it hard to get through to his office to get sooner appointments

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I was loosing balance and power in my legs and was admitted in Chilliwack hospital for 2 weeks and had tons of investigations and doctor visits but no clear answers. Eventually I was told that my issues were from alcohol and I hardly ever drink! I was then referred to DR Iqbal and saw him in office and after detailed exam he told me my spinal cord was compressed in my neck and he arranged an urgent MRI which showed he was right. I had surgery done on my neck one week later by Dr Heran in Royal Columbian. I owe my health and well being now to Dr Iqbal and his brilliant judgment on my case. I found him to be competent , polite, he explained everything to me so well and not to mention his sassy 'irish accent' . Initially I thought he was far too young looking to be a doctor let alone a specialist. Dr Iqbal is the best specialist I know of, and no wonder he stands among top rating doctors in Canada . Keep up your good work, but i find it v hard to get a sooner appt with him :(

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I had difficulty with swallowing, vision and jaw weakness and was seen by 6 doctors in 4 months and they kept putting my symptoms down to stroke and sent me to surrey memorial hospital. Eventually my GP got fed up and sent me urgently to Dr Iqbal cause I was getting worse :( Thanks to the brilliance of Dr Iqbal who 'listened' to me and did through assessment for 45min and made diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis on the spot! it turned out I never had a stroke and my blood tests came positive from UBC. Dr Iqbal is thorough, polite, warm and competent the way I see it. I have and will always have great respect for this genius. I'm so very thankful and impressed with his treatment. He called me with the results right away! he clearly told me he doesn't contact patients with normal results and his office only contacts if there is any abnormal results (which makes perfect sense to me) and I think that addresses those concerns made by the last review. I also don't see why would a physician be at fault if someone had issues with an MRI scan? I think Dr Iqbal is the best specialist I have ever come across in years

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Was sent this Dr who is now practicing in Abbotsford, to find out why I'm having seizures. Which might be caused by my TBI that I suffered in 2001. Waited a year for the MRI I had to call his office for the results, the secretary said he obviously didn't see a problem or he would have called. So he didn't notice the severity of my brain injury and doesn't know what causes my seizures.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Examined by this Dr. and sent for an MRI at RIH. Proceeded to SS and vomited up my tonsils! Have had MRI's before without this result. I was never even called about the results which I was told I would be. Finally, just gave up and got another referral. I am sincerely glad he has helped some people tho. Nothing worse than a neurological condition!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Went a year and a half with horrible neck pain /seizures and no "Canadian" educated Dr. could diagnose the problem. In less than 2 minutes Dr. Iqbal had me diagnosed with trimenegal neuralgia, and a drug regime that has it under control, for over two years now. Incredible doctor, too bad he has moved to the Fraser Valley.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Mudassir Iqbal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients