Dr. Gregor Schutz

Ratings for Dr. Gregor Schutz

I have been seeing Dr Schutz consistently for the past few months and have found a great benefit. He is very direct, but I find it helps to keep the session on track. He often does seem to be in a rush, but I don't feel like it affects the quality of the sessions and they aren't cut short at all. He seems very knowledgable and i've gotten more out of these sessions that i have with 3+ with a clinical psychologist. I've learnt its important to do the work outside of the sessions, otherwise it is pointless. Therapy is not a bandaid or an easy fix, but it is an excellent tool to help ME improve my mental health. If you go in without expectations or judgement, you might be pleasantly surprised.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

He did not take negative feedback at all well and delayed followup referrals as a consequence twice. Can be good but I no longer trust him to be reliable. Very snappy and dismissive when I was unwell so I won't use him again for any emergency backup. And what's with the Victoria Clinic where his inpatients are? What a dump with inept and bullying staff. Time to move on.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

Less than engaging and less than helpful, but at least runs on time.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2019

A magnificent psychiatrist. I have never felt better.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

Another IME spin doctor.... these insurance doctors have no concern for the patients

flag | Submitted March 10, 2019

Disgusting failure to support me and my condition further attributing to my illness

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Really didn't get much from him. Not sure what he did other than record the convo and replay it. Glad I wasn't paying for it.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Thought this review went up a few weeks ago..take 2: Dr Schutz is an excellent psychiatrist. He is medically astute and always always collaborates with you prior to making a med decision. I think this is where he really shows his empathy-in understanding and empowering you to be a part of the decision making progress. Gregor is very selective with meds and I would say has a conservative approach to treatment. In my case he is always willing to consult with other drs on your behalf. Truly has been brilliant. Some other reviews (negative) are bizarre. Trust that he is a very open minded doctor and compassionate.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

Some pretty harsh and unfair reviews have been submitted here and I wonder for what purpose.... Dr Schutz has from the minute I met him been very compassionate and respectful. He listens to what I have to say and I feel involved in my treatment. I am very thankful to have such a supportive Psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Completely in agreement with all the below glowing reviews.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018