Ratings for Dr. Stuart B. Black

The best doctor I've ever had, I've seen him since about 1995 till Febr. of 2011.Dr. had always explained my diagnosis well, medications and treatment in words, that everyone understand. He was always in a good mood and friendly, which made me feel at ease and relaxed.I am seeing a different doctor for my chronic migraine now and afraid of him. I wish I could see my Dr.Black again !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Excellent physician. Diagnosed my multiple sclerosis in 1974. Thoroughly explained my disease. Educated me on terms I should use...for instance, nystagmus instead of rapid eye movement. As predinosone was used in those days, he told me to limit salt...and why...take with Metamucil or like product....and why. Always returned my calls. He managed my care until I moved from the area in 1978. He even returned a call to me here in Kansas one time when I had a question about a vertigo medication. I think he''s a wonderful neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

Have been seeing him since Oct 2006. He has taken a genuine interest in my care, even looking up natural remedies for me when I have wanted to try something else to make sure they won't interact poorly with the meds and supplements he has prescribed to me. I'm a difficult case in that my migraines have transformed from chronic to daily to status, and he's changed his treatment throughout this time to try to combat the problem, all while being concerned with my emotional state. He explains everything very well and lets me ask questions. When I call his assistant I have to leave msgs, but with the exception of one snafu when I had to go to the ER trying to kill the status migraine early on, she always calls back the same day.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2007

saw him once. staff refused to set up tests and appointments. horrible experience.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007

Dr. Stuart B. Black's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1966)

MSP/BC Med