Ratings for Dr. D MacLachlan

We saw this doctor as a result of a referral from our paediatrician for our young child. When she came out to greet us, she didn't even say "hello" or introduce herself. She only directed us to follow her to her office where she ordered us to sit down. Very cold personality and had little interest in creating a rapport. After rhyming off a bunch of policy and legislation, tell me only the things she can't do for us, and protect her interests I stopped the session. Given that Dr. Donna MacLachlan is a Child and Adolecent psychiatrist I expected a lot more in terms of compassion. She proceeded to ask me some rather inappropriate questions, and when I asked why she was asking she said that is for her to determine and did not give any further explanation. After reading the Toronto Star article on the Youthdale I won't be returning with my child for any further consultation. This visit was only to rule out some ADD/ADHD issues and seek guidance for some behaviour issues at school. I would only resort to using Youthdale if I had no other options and had truly life-threatening psychiatric issues. I am not a Scientologist, but I can appreciate why they are so against psychiatry.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017