Dr. Bilal Chughtai

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Bilal Chughtai

Its nice to be treated like a human being for once. Thank you so much to the staff at the practice as well.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Wonderful physician, great listener, overall a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Great experience. He diagnosed me right away. I went to 5 other doctors who could not understand my condition. This doctor is great.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Chughtai by a friend. He was attentive, thorough and addressed my concerns methodically. Since visiting him I have overcome majority of the issues I was dealing with. I recommend him to anyone looking for an intelligent doctor with great bedside manners.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Excellent doctor. I would rank him one of the top urologists in the city.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Submitted August 5, 2014

very unprofessional person and one of the worst people i have met.

Submitted August 4, 2014

I was referred by a friend to see Dr. Chughtai for a few bladder-related issues I'd been having. He was friendly, warm, professional and thorough. He was able to address my issues and concerns wholistically. I recommend him to anyone looking for a Urologist.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Just finished my 9th UTI, 3rd urologist, for 2013. My MS flares with UTI, my Neuro wants to assess condition after I've been uti clear for 6 months. Dr. Chughtai prescribed urodynamics, sonogram of bladder, and cat scan to make sure I don't have stones. He does not ****foot around UTI, doesn't hem and haw about antibiotic use, either. He wants me to have a bottle of antibiotics on hand if I feel I'm getting one over the weekend - because "3 days is to long to wait with a uti". OMG, he gets it. "Start antibiotics over the weekend, then submit u/a on Monday, and we'll sort it out from there." Weekdays, I'm to come into the office, do u/a, and they will prescribe according to culture. IRONICALLY, a 2x daily dose of the super cranberry supplement he gave me, Ellura, is working for now. AND he got all my paperwork in for my catheters in no time. He was recommended me by another MS patient, also with recurrent UTI. She wasn't exagerrating. Come here first for recurrent UTI solution.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I saw Dr. Bilal Chugthai as a referal from another Dr. His staff was very polite and professional. The questionaire was one of the most thorough I have seen and was referred to often during the appointment. He had already spoken to my refering doctor. I live in another state and they squeezed me onto the schedule as I have to leave next week. His staff member held my hand during the exam and was so sweet. He answered all my questions and did not talk down to me especially since I have a healthcare background. This guy is a lights on Doctor. Even though I had to wait, once in the office he is worth the wait and did a complete and thorough evaluation. I would recomend anyone to him, but if you are antsy and don't have the patience to wait if he is behind schedule he is not for you. I am not easily impressed by many doctors, but he is now in my top 10.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Bilal Chughtai's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chughtai treats the body as a cohesive system with a focus on Urological care. As such, it’s just as important to address the immediate symptoms as it is to examine the underlying causes of the Urological complaint. Dr. Chughtai engages his patients in a manner that improves their present Urological needs as well as actively involves them in their future wellbeing. His treatment focuses on introducing daily healthy habits and hones in on preventing future Urological conditions. The effectiveness of his medical and surgical treatment relies heavily on strong doctor/patient relationships and on the patient’s resolve to make healthy changes. As Dr. Chughtai’s patient, you are promised a passionate and supportive partnership to understand your Urological condition. Prior to his arrival, Dr. Chughtai completed his Residency in General Surgery and Urology at Albany Medical Center, followed by a Fellowship in Female Urology, Neurourology, and Voiding Dysfunction at Weill Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He earned his Doctor of Medicine at State University of New York at Stony Brook after graduating Magna cum Laude from New York University with a major in Biological Sciences. Dr. Chughtai is also an active researcher. He has served as primary & co-investigator in numerous studies. He has also published over 100 peer-reviewed articles, authored chapters and books, and has presented at numerous prestigious national meetings.