Dr. Lillian Esses

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lillian Esses

Dr. Esses was highly recommended to me by a friend, who had turned her life around as a result of therapy with Dr. Esses. Dr. Esses has helped me make some considerably profound shifts in my life. With her guidance, I have become a stronger individual and my relationship with my spouse and family has improved greatly. I have learned how to overcome what I thought were some very traumatizing life experiences that had weighed me down for years. Dr. Esses is very knowledgeable and she has taught me different valuable tools to help me deal with my thoughts and feelings and how to be more optimistic. I am grateful that she has had such a positive impact on my life. Therefore, I also highly recommend Dr. Esses to those seeking an excellent psychologist.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

As a new patient to mental health, I found Dr. Esses very thorough and understanding. While the initial journey may seem confusing or difficult to comprehend, by the end Dr. Esses offers a very complete strategy to assist with your issues/thoughts.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Esses has been very helpful during some major events in my life that were very difficult. She helped me to problem solve and use strategies to move forward in my situations. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to others looking for support and very productive counselling!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. Esses is excellent at analyzing and assessing. She is easy to talk to, understands family dynamics and gives common sense advice. She helped me to understand the situation, cope with it and move forward. She cares about her clients and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

I started seeing Dr. Esses in my 30s, after my third year of university, when my entire life seemed to be governed by my anger and anxiety. These emotions were difficult to hide and manage throughout the extremely stressful university experience. Dr. Esses helped me look deeper into my past to recognize that my unsuccessful coping strategies - like anger - were rooted in a dysfunctional family dynamic that continued to plague me throughout life. With her help, I was able to identify and unearth the pain that was causing me so much anger, to refrain from projecting it in unhealthy ways, and to use other coping methods to deal with this stress. With her help, I was able to complete my degree and successfully graduate. I do, however, feel that the most important and valuable element that I received from our sessions was Dr. Esses’ help in building confidence and trust within myself through validation. I grew up in a home where my perception of reality was always questioned and manipulated making it difficult to trust myself or anyone around me. Dr. Esses created a safe environment where my perceptions of the world could be discussed in a healthy way, and I was able to develop real trust in myself - and her - as a result of this process. The process of validation helped me build real confidence in myself - in my judgement of the external world – which has extended into my post-therapy life. Dr. Esses’ strength, honesty, integrity, and empathy bring ease to an anxious mind and soul. She has helped me immensely and I am forever grateful for this. I would highly recommend her for anyone seeking a handle on reality and a desire to dig deep into your painful past to sort out the present and define a new future.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Dr. Esses helped me understand and process several traumatic incidents in my childhood that were the result of having a mother with untreated mental illness. This resulted in my inability to trust my own beliefs and perceptions. During the therapeutic process, I learned to trust my thoughts, not wavering and doubting myself at every turn. As well, I explored parts of my past that I had cut off or had been revisiting impulsively in my mind, without the ablility to process the events. Processing trauma with the expertise of Dr. Esses was essential in my recovery. I am honestly amazed that the memories of my past, which had become the background of my 48 year old self, are silenced. I am left with unspeakable gratitude for the guidance and care that I received from Dr. Esses.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Esses. She helped me walk through some dark times and see the light in many areas of my life. I couldn't have done it without her support, knowledge and professionalism. I highly recommend anyone struggling to see her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

In short, Dr. Esses is an Expert! I saw her for a year and couldn't have asked for a better Psychologist who was perfectly matched for what I was looking for. She is professional, ethical, extremely knowledgeable, kind, helpful, funny, I could go on and on. You will NOT be disappointed. She has helped me immensely, and I would go back to see her again if needed.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I found Dr Esses through a friend of mine who spoke so highly of her. Despite having a full roster of clients, she was so flexible in getting my father and I in for counselling. My father and I have had a strained relationship for many years, underpinned by his long time addictions leading to being incredibly self-centered and inability of having the deep and meaningful relationship I expected him to be able to have now that the addiction was behind him. It was only through her help, that I was able to truly have an "AHA" moment and realize that he was giving me all he was capable of, and that my expectations, while valid, were not within his ability. Coming to the realization of how tremendously his personality was impacted through decades of this abuse, helped me accept him for who he is now, and see the small victories in the relationship we do have. She helped me understand how I can accept him, move past my feelings of pain and disappointment. I couldn't have done this without her support. She is an excellent communicator, a wonderful listener, and a great teacher. I am thankful for her and the time she spent with us and I would recommend her to anyone who needed her services.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I had searched for some time for a psychologist and am glad to have found Dr. Esses. She helped me through some severe depression, which I have struggled with for over 20 years, but had recently gotten much worse. Dr. Esses was very helpful in providing new perspectives, along with some innovative tips and resource recommendations/techniques I was not familiar with despite years of therapy. She always made me feel at ease and comfortable to share my thoughts and feelings. She is very knowledgeable, and provided great insight that I will carry with me going forward. I'm very thankful that I found Dr. Esses when I did, and I can attest that I highly recommend her services to others.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018