Dr. Lillian Esses

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lillian Esses

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Esses. She helped me walk through some dark times and see the light in many areas of my life. I couldn't have done it without her support, knowledge and professionalism. I highly recommend anyone struggling to see her.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

In short, Dr. Esses is an Expert! I saw her for a year and couldn't have asked for a better Psychologist who was perfectly matched for what I was looking for. She is professional, ethical, extremely knowledgeable, kind, helpful, funny, I could go on and on. You will NOT be disappointed. She has helped me immensely, and I would go back to see her again if needed.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I found Dr Esses through a friend of mine who spoke so highly of her. Despite having a full roster of clients, she was so flexible in getting my father and I in for counselling. My father and I have had a strained relationship for many years, underpinned by his long time addictions leading to being incredibly self-centered and inability of having the deep and meaningful relationship I expected him to be able to have now that the addiction was behind him. It was only through her help, that I was able to truly have an "AHA" moment and realize that he was giving me all he was capable of, and that my expectations, while valid, were not within his ability. Coming to the realization of how tremendously his personality was impacted through decades of this abuse, helped me accept him for who he is now, and see the small victories in the relationship we do have. She helped me understand how I can accept him, move past my feelings of pain and disappointment. I couldn't have done this without her support. She is an excellent communicator, a wonderful listener, and a great teacher. I am thankful for her and the time she spent with us and I would recommend her to anyone who needed her services.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I had searched for some time for a psychologist and am glad to have found Dr. Esses. She helped me through some severe depression, which I have struggled with for over 20 years, but had recently gotten much worse. Dr. Esses was very helpful in providing new perspectives, along with some innovative tips and resource recommendations/techniques I was not familiar with despite years of therapy. She always made me feel at ease and comfortable to share my thoughts and feelings. She is very knowledgeable, and provided great insight that I will carry with me going forward. I'm very thankful that I found Dr. Esses when I did, and I can attest that I highly recommend her services to others.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I found Dr. Esses through my own research after reading her educational and practical experiences on her website. I am so thankful that I have accessed her services and would encourage anyone to seek her services for self-growth. She is knowledgeable about many topics and provides current resources. What I liked about her is she catered her sessions based on my needs. I could not have evolved and have had as much insight/understanding about my thought process as I have now. She is compassionate, non-judgemental and provides hope. Lastly, what I valued the most is that she provides culturally sensitive care in her practice. As a result, I felt comfortable with her because she has the ability to respect/ understand, different ethnic upbringings and belief systems which helps with understandings ones values.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I was nervous to see a psychologist, but Dr. Esses put me right at ease. She is smart, kind, generous, insightful, and respectful. She helped me to recognize my OCD and depression and then gave me the tools to move forward. I am incredibly grateful to her and would definitely recommend her services. Thank you Dr. Esses!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr Esses has given me the tools to deal with my anxiety and stress levels. I’m a changed person! I highly recommend her for anyone seeking therapy for their mental health as she is highly experienced and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Worked eith Dr. Esses for a year and a half and couldn't be more pleased with my experience!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

I was Dr. Esses' patient for almost a year. She helped me to control my stress and anxiety by suggesting me reading materials, podcasts, apps and different techniques. Many days I felt completely different after leaving her office, I was more positive, optimist and happy. I would recommend Dr. Esses to anyone seeking professional help for improving her mental health.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I was very pleased with the services provided by Dr. Esses and would not hesitate to recommend her as a very competent, thoughtful, compassionate and wise therapist. Like talking to a friend, a very interested friend. Great insights and guidance.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018