Ratings for Dr. J. Paul Lyet

Best Doctor I've ever had. He takes the time to listen to you and teach you.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Lyet does not listen. He is condescending in his explanations, impatient with questions, and hurried in manner. I received carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand. During my initial visit, I waited a long time. He had an arrogant manner. His scheduling assistant for surgery was hard to get hold of and impatient. During the actual surgery, for which I had local anesthesia, he kept giving me all the details of what he was doing, without asking me if I wanted to hear it. I know this may be helpful to some people, but it made me sick and nervous. A doctor should ask the patient's preference on this. He put on a very large, half-plaster dressing for a very small wound, which had to stay on on for 2 weeks. I found out during surgery for right wrist carpal tunnel with a different (much better) doctor, that this was completely unnecessary. The second dr. put on a small bandage that could be taken off after 5 days. I also had much more pain and a longer recovery for my left wrist. My second dr. told me the way Lyet did my left-hand surgery was old-fashioned and had more risk of nerve damage. Finally, during my after-surgery visit, to get my stitches out, the woman who removed them never introduced herself and never told me her role--nurse? aide? physician's assistant? Lyet came in, lifted up the new bandage, glanced at the wound, and walked out. He stayed not 5 seconds.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

He is the best doctor I know! Allen Robinson

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Lyet (said to be the best Orthopedist in Lancaster County) ran many tests without being able to conclude the injury to my hand. He told me to take 3 Advil 3 times/day to which point I became dependent/addicted to the medication. He told me that I would just "have to live with the pain" after he could not conclude what was causing the nerve damage to my right hand which results in a loss of feeling in half my hand as well as occasional sharp pains with overuse.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

Dr. J. Paul Lyet's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental