Ratings for Dr. Sayed Banihashemi

Excellent knowledge will answer any of your question very friendly dr

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. B the oncology radiologist at Oshawa Cancer Centre initially seemed fine to me, factual and knowledgeable. He was professional and a little friendly too! During treatment i sometimes felt he thought my questions and concern were unimportant or that he needed to repeat himself. I understand he is busy and deals with many Cancer patients each day but the individual matters and it is a tough disease to take so patience and compassion goes a long way. Some visits he is very helpful and has some humour which with me puts me at ease. I did sometimes feel as though he didn't have a lot of time for me. Sometimes he and the surgeon would give me conflicting information which is frustrating as they should be communicating together more as my care team. I am thankful that he is there and has helped me by providing treatment. He is pretty punctual and I usually don't have to wait too long to see him. He is a very busy doctor. I adore his nurse Shelley, she is thorough and asks many questions and has good tips. She is very friendly and they seem to work well together. It is great that we have this Cancer Centre close to home. I appreciate that and the work they do.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr B is one of the best Doctors I have ever met. he was very compassionate and kind. explained everything in details, even showed me my ct scan images. very happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

My experience with Dr B has been excellent. He answered all our questions, has been kind and informative throughout the entire process. I am thankful to have him as my Oncologist! I have been through this process with two family members & other doctors and he is superior.\

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

very patient, and professional. honest and reliable

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

He is very good Iranian doctor actually most of Iranian doctors are excellent

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

I am so glad to have Dr B as my oncologist. I actually look forward to my appointments with him. they work as a wonderful team with his nurse.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

I agree with the second review of this doctor. Although he seemed very polite he was not helpful at all in fact somewhat dismissive when we asked him questions. When asking him about some other types of treatment he said he had no knowledge. I find that very unusual that after so many years of practicing that I would be the first person to ask that question. He gave us no idea of prognosis other than saying well it could be very short to very long. Dealing with someone in their mid-80s is not very helpful to get that type of information.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I had my initial appointment with Dr. B prior to starting my chemo sessions even though he would not be treating me until March once I finished my chemo. I found him very polite and professional. He listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. His bedside manner was impeccable at no time was I ever made to feel uncomfortable or exposed. Meeting him and having the opportunity to get my questions answered has given me some comfort in an otherwise whirlwind of stress. I look forward to seeing him in March for treatment.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Briefly, we were completely disappointed with our experience with this doctor. He acted as if he was reading from a manual on how to speak to cancer patients. I had accompanied my elderly mother for her appointments as she was upset and not sure of what to ask him. He was very irritated at me for asking any questions and when she asked for some prognosis type of answers, he was completely not helpful. He did not even speak in generalities about other patients with this type of cancer. He acted as if it was not important that we have his expert opinion. We both left the appointment very confused and afraid. We would not have held him to specifics, but he gave us no honest and frank opinion. He may be competent but he made our cancer journey even more negative than it was.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013