Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(58)

"After a shoulder injury earlier this year and discovering the limitations and pitfalls ..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Trevor Trinh

Absolutely amazing doctor! Dr Trinh is very professional, knowledgeable and kind!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Very knowledgeable, professional and emphatic. I am very grateful that the ER dr. has referred me to Dr. Trinh. I suffered a severe knee injury last month, Dr Trinh had correctly diagnosed the ACL being completely torn, he had explain the details of my choices for recovery and respected my choice. Even though I am still dealing with the pain, the support that Dr. Trinh had offered, is helping me manage my recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Trinh!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! Firstly, Dr Trinh is NOT a surgeon, he's a sports med doc. He is the worst diagnostician I have ever encountered, I would have been better going to my family doctor for this disgraceful excuse of a diagnostics, he kept saying over and over again I want you to do physio, and a custom knee brace and stop any compression to the knee ( which means most physical activity) ….yet I have been doing physio for over 1.5 years with knee brace already) I am 27 year old female this is not how i want to life my life. He mentioned this is the only thing he could do for me, and that he wouldn’t be sending a referral to a surgeon. He showed up 45 minutes late to my appointment no apologies nothing such a waste of time. He practically argued the whole time in the room with me. After him reading the MRI (finally) he didn't read the entire report, I told him physio said I had a sprain in mcl and he denied it than he re-read and apologized because he clearly had not read the whole thing. He focused on things that were insignificant to the pain or the injury. Once again telling me surgery was unlikely. He did not want to refer me to a surgeon until even though I insisted. I called my foot surgeon and he is going to bring me in and take a look and send me to another surgeon. And to top it all of he was dismissive of my continuing pain & instability, His solution Advil or Tylenol No more working out. (Yes lets pop pills till the pain is no longer bearable and sit on our bums all day) ill-prepared for appointments and completely rude. If you’re not a high paying athlete or Olympic athlete forgetting even seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

I am an avid skier who has an ongoing foot problem that becomes a major issue during the ski season. After working with a podiatrist for 8 months with no relief it was decided that I should work with a sport medical specialist to explore whether the issue was a result of a biomechanical disfunction and I was referred Group 23. After reviewing the referral, the clinic scheduled me to see Dr Trinh. I arrived at the Group 23 clinic 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment and in short order I was taken to an examining room. I waited for 25 minutes before Dr. Trinh arrived. He provided no explanation for having me wait 25 minutes past my early morning appointment time and appeared to be in a rush. I stated that I was willing to work with him or anyone else in his team to try and address my issue, but he stated that there was little that he could do for me. I asked if there was anyone else in the clinic that could help, and no alternative was provided. This is the first time that I have ever had a medical experience where a physician stipulated that there was nothing they could do to help me and not offer treatment alternatives. An extremely negative experience and my journey to find a caring professional who is willing to find a way to help me continues. The least that he could have done is provided me with direction in how to go about finding a solution to my foot issue.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

After a not very thorough examination Dr. Trinh essentially told me I should have no reason for feeling pain (despite being in serious pain for 5 weeks, not being able to sleep or do any physical activity), After asking for an MRI he referred me to a paying clinic without telling me he was doing so instead of putting me through the regular system (I don't think he did this on purpose I think he just has no idea what he's doing, he also forgot to give me a requisition that he told me I needed during this appointment). He also told me I should be doing strength exercises despite having told him I was in far too much pain to do so and why my physio had not focused on this. This is the second time I've seen him, once for an ankle injury, and this time for a shoulder injury. My ankle never healed properly. And this whole shoulder incident has made me extremely stressed and frustrated with our health care system.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I was refered to Dr Trinh after dealing with pain for 6 months after a shoulder injury. He evaluated, explained the issue and recommended a treatment and exercise program that eliminated the pain and got me on the road to recovery very quickly. Great experience dealing with him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

As I sit here at 5 am in pain, I wish that I had seen someone different. I've noticed lots of a-kissing comments on here, I must mention I have pain and I can't sleep. Thanks again Trinh for no help.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr Trihn was very happy to fully explain my injury to me and to explain the details of my choices for recovery. Personable and professional.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I take my good comment back, after several months my opinion has changed. He is not helpful, but he is the gate keeper to the surgeons. His reception desk is toxic and he is not willing to give any advice except that he cannot help. (hamstring will never heal, torn ligament cannot be fixed, and don't talk about the foot at the same appt.) He seems to be very narrow minded and will argue about your symptoms not correlating to your injury. I think he lacks experience.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

JUST DO NOT BOTHER! Firstly Dr Trinh is NOT a surgeon, he's a sports med doc. He is the worst diagnostician I have ever encountered, he could not get an ACl +MCL+medial meniscal complex tear after 3 exams & physiotherapists report of all the instability & buckling witnessed during sessions. He wasted 6 months of my life offering no treatment plan at all, my knee continued to buckle & give way daily. After an MRI (finally) he didn't read the entire report, focusing on only the ACl tear & telling me surgery was unlikely. He did not want to refer me to a surgeon until I insisted. And to top it all of he was dismissive of my continuing pain & instability, ill-prepared for appointments and completely rude! Long story (and long wait - 7 more months to see a surgeon!) short the surgeon was appalled - and I may have permanent nerve damage in my knee due to his delays.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016