Ratings for Dr. Bernice R. Swain

I've been a patient of Dr. Swains since 2005 haven't had a real issue until June 2016. She kept refilling my prescription for seven days only until I could reschedule a FOLLOW-UP appointment. I finally made the follow up appointment of which she only reads the results to you, mind you, I have online access to the same info! She was unable to see me because I didn't have my copay resulting in me not getting my medication. Needless to say, I haven't made another appointment with her and am looking for a new Family Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Swain has been my doctor for seven years. She is extremely knowledgable and honest about your condition. She listens to what you tell her and checks the medical facts before making a medical determination. Her staff works with you to set very reasonable appointments. She also recommends excellent specialist when required. Her bed-side manner is OUTSTANDING!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Sometimes you wait over an hour for your appt and when you finally get to see her, you wonder why she is so behind because she doesn't spend a lot of time with you. This has gotten worse through time. Thinking strongly about looking for another doctor. I also find that she doesn't listen to what you are saying, she responds to what she is thinking about. She is excellent at referring you to the appropriate physician though to get you the right help.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Very caring physician. Takes time with you. Always tries to get you the right help when you need it. Excellent receptionist. Seems to have a big turnover of nursing personnel but that could be good. Busy office. Receptionist always willing to get you in as soon as possible. Very efficient. Sometimes you might have to wait a bit but on the same side, she also is willing to spend time with you. You never feel rushed!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr Swain seems to really care about her patients and their understanding their dignosis.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Had trouble with the doctor coding the visit properly so that my insurance would cover visit. Had a test done that I was never told the results for even after 2 1/2 months although I was told that I would receive a call in 2 weeks.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Bernice R. Swain's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1988)