Ratings for Dr. Michele Heilbut

We were referred to Dr Heilbut by our pediatrician, who had a concern about my daughter. She was very helpful and patient, she took time to explain and answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

We've only had positive experiences with Dr. Heilbut. She is great at returning calls, even when she's on vacation!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Do not go to this doctor, she is has no current knowledge about the current advance in cardiology. If you want to be treated with techniques from the 90's go to her. At the age of 12 she told me I could no longer engage in physical activity of any kind, even walking for 15 min, she even told me i might drop dead if i do. this caused extreme depression until I was refereed to sick kids. They were baffled by the restrictions she had put on me and they actually encouraged me to participate in all the sports I could. Shes in it for the money, not her patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I have had the most unfortunate experiance with this doc and put up with her for almost 9 years in which i and my son suffered .she put him on propranol since he was a baby till he wa 10 and she was waiting for his weight to increase so she could put a stent and she was very adamant and strict about him having antbiotics when he went to the dentist but when the seceteries from the office would call her to confirm my given info she would always give a hard time and would never give a written consent .i had to see her every six monthes and yes shes very rude mean and abrupt i would get nervouse finally i changed cardioligist and currently seeing one in sick kids and guess what no meds for my child and i have to go once a year and when i mentioned tht what are the chances of putting my child in for a stent the doc was like the problem is so minor he wouldnt.touch it and one more info this $$$ grabbing lady said was heart stays the same does not grow so i will be seeing ur child all his life which is not the case heart adjusts ... grrrrrrr i wish i had left her ways back dont ever take ur child there there are many more docs with compassion in toronto good luck

Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr Heilbut has been treating my son since birth. He is 18 now. We have nothing but the utmost respect for her. Very professional and knowledgeable. Dr Heilbut took her time to explain my sons condition and treated him for 18 years. Our last visit was last week and he is fully cured because of Dr Heilbut. Thank You Dr Heilbut and Kind regards.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

My son has seen Dr. Heilbut a few years back. After a resent emergency visit I was recommended by a Sick Kids doctor to book a follow up appointment with Dr. Heilbut. I make my call to book an appointment to be told by the Dr. Henut that she needed another referral letter. How is this possible considering that my son is one of her patients already? is her priority the patient or the $ she would collect for her referral. Very disappointed.

Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr Heilbut checked my 3y old daughter today and I must say she was AMAZING. She took her time to discuss first the family history and then proceeded with the ultrasound and the ECG. She was nice, polite, very careful with my daughter (even put my daughter's shirt under her back so she won't feel cold although it was warm in the office). She was making conversation with my daughter explaining to her what will happen next so she won't be scared. After, she explained to me in detail her findings and indeed gave Eva a lollipop. The whole consult last more than 1 hour in which she was very patient and more than polite. She took time to respond to all my questions without asking me whether or not I have a medical background (it happened with other doctors in the past because I read a lot about what I think the symptoms might suggest). From my experience, I find her to be a great doctor, very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, warm with the kids and polite with the parents.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I've been going to this doctor since I was a few months old I'm 23 now and she is one of the best doctors I've been too. Very polite, great person over all. I would reconnect her to any one !

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr Heilbut was polite, professional practical, sensible and prompt. She appropriately addressed my anxiety and did a thorough examination. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

If there was a horrible doctor of the year award, Dr Heilbut would win it without competition. She is absolutely rude, aggressive and her practices are questionable, especially for a doctor: eg. she tried to keep my son still by shoving a lollipop in his mouth while he was lying down on his back....I told her the candy could slide off the stick and choke him not to mention the sugar rush that would only make him move about more. She basically yelled at me for pointing that out. She also prefers to make assumptions about issues that contribute to my son's health rather than to ask me for the correct information. She is a grumpy, miserable, and overall unpleasant person to be around. Additionally, I do not have any evidence that she is actually a good physician. She has an unnervingly bad energy about her....you feel it as soon as you enter her office. AWFUL experience.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013