Ratings for Dr. Michele Heilbut

I have been going to her since I was 11 months old and I have never had problems with her ( I am now 22)! And I always get a lollipop when we are done haha!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

When we brought our son no staff working with her when we came in, we waited for half an hour, She is very strick and bad temper. When my 6 years old sat down on the armchair she made a sarcastic face telling my son to get off from it or else you will pay 200 dollars, it is very old chair, do you have money to pay for it? It's fine maybe she is worried if he got hurt I believe but the way she approached is a surprised as pediatrician cardio, dealing with kids. She is not calm when she talk with us and look improper with me telling me to stop "overacting" with my son who just had ambulance for the first time a few days back??? Am I overacting? Really?? just to bring with you for a check up is overacting? Who are parents not gonna be concerned when your happy, active child all of a sudden brought to ambulance a few days backk She said she have children too, she may say what she want but in my position I am not a Doctor in the first place that's why we ere here . Any parents want is the best for their child. and certain when something happened out of ordinary for the very first time and 120% percent hoping it would not be happen again. We are entitled for 2nd opinion and assurance, we were just got reffered to her, if we knew we will encountering a "mean" Doctor like her, I am 100% will not go. She is tottally sarcastic, the way she looked at me by my color the way she looked at me from head to toe. She don't even totally know my background is before she judged me. She may judged me by my accent or any of it but she have accent too. Does it matter? Her approached leave us with bad remark on her, but we said thank you anyway and asked my son to say thank you though he is not happy and can't wait to go out with this Doctor's mean raising voice to us in front of my child.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

We were referred to Dr Heilbut by our pediatrician, who had a concern about my daughter. She was very helpful and patient, she took time to explain and answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

We've only had positive experiences with Dr. Heilbut. She is great at returning calls, even when she's on vacation!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Do not go to this doctor, she is has no current knowledge about the current advance in cardiology. If you want to be treated with techniques from the 90's go to her. At the age of 12 she told me I could no longer engage in physical activity of any kind, even walking for 15 min, she even told me i might drop dead if i do. this caused extreme depression until I was refereed to sick kids. They were baffled by the restrictions she had put on me and they actually encouraged me to participate in all the sports I could. Shes in it for the money, not her patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I have had the most unfortunate experiance with this doc and put up with her for almost 9 years in which i and my son suffered .she put him on propranol since he was a baby till he wa 10 and she was waiting for his weight to increase so she could put a stent and she was very adamant and strict about him having antbiotics when he went to the dentist but when the seceteries from the office would call her to confirm my given info she would always give a hard time and would never give a written consent .i had to see her every six monthes and yes shes very rude mean and abrupt i would get nervouse finally i changed cardioligist and currently seeing one in sick kids and guess what no meds for my child and i have to go once a year and when i mentioned tht what are the chances of putting my child in for a stent the doc was like the problem is so minor he wouldnt.touch it and one more info this $$$ grabbing lady said was heart stays the same does not grow so i will be seeing ur child all his life which is not the case heart adjusts ... grrrrrrr i wish i had left her ways back dont ever take ur child there there are many more docs with compassion in toronto good luck

Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr Heilbut has been treating my son since birth. He is 18 now. We have nothing but the utmost respect for her. Very professional and knowledgeable. Dr Heilbut took her time to explain my sons condition and treated him for 18 years. Our last visit was last week and he is fully cured because of Dr Heilbut. Thank You Dr Heilbut and Kind regards.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

My son has seen Dr. Heilbut a few years back. After a resent emergency visit I was recommended by a Sick Kids doctor to book a follow up appointment with Dr. Heilbut. I make my call to book an appointment to be told by the Dr. Henut that she needed another referral letter. How is this possible considering that my son is one of her patients already? is her priority the patient or the $ she would collect for her referral. Very disappointed.

Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr Heilbut checked my 3y old daughter today and I must say she was AMAZING. She took her time to discuss first the family history and then proceeded with the ultrasound and the ECG. She was nice, polite, very careful with my daughter (even put my daughter's shirt under her back so she won't feel cold although it was warm in the office). She was making conversation with my daughter explaining to her what will happen next so she won't be scared. After, she explained to me in detail her findings and indeed gave Eva a lollipop. The whole consult last more than 1 hour in which she was very patient and more than polite. She took time to respond to all my questions without asking me whether or not I have a medical background (it happened with other doctors in the past because I read a lot about what I think the symptoms might suggest). From my experience, I find her to be a great doctor, very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, warm with the kids and polite with the parents.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I've been going to this doctor since I was a few months old I'm 23 now and she is one of the best doctors I've been too. Very polite, great person over all. I would reconnect her to any one !

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014