Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Lourens

Dr. Lourens is wonderful and immediately puts you at ease. She's funny, engaging and easy to talk to which is so important with a physician. She has been a godsend in getting my hormones balanced after an unexpected full hysterectomy that threw me into surgical menopause. She was committed to helping me get back to a good quality of life. My energy is back, I can focus, I'm exercising regularly again, I never have a hot flash and I can sleep. For those of us with menopausal symptoms, that's a huge improvement.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Prior to visiting Dr. Lourens, I had no idea about adrenal fatigue. I just knew that I needed help desperately as I no longer had the energy to jog or cycle or do a single sit-up. Within hours of waking I needed to sleep. My mind was foggy, concentration gone, joyousness for life became obsolete. Dr. Lourens specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). With her education and expertise, I was placed on the BHRT program and am living proof that this science is life changing and life saving - literally. I am grateful for the science and Dr. Louren's approach to medicine - she is the only Dr I have found that even recognizes the value/necessity of optimal hormonal balance.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I am male, over 70. Dr. Elizabeth Lourens has been managing my unevenly aging face with Sculptra treatment following spectacular failures with cosmetic surgery elsewhere. My first treatment which consisted multiple vials was eighteen months ago. She followed up with three more of one or two vials. I am very satisfied with the results. I now have facial symmetry. Volume has not only been restored, it is very much enhanced. Her skill in selecting injection sites is remarkable. Although youthful look was not my reason for seeking her intervention, the excellence of her results is amply quantified by the many unsolicited compliments I receive from everybody I know “you look younger with each passing day”. I feel healthy and confident. They are due to the fine skills, generosity and professionalism of my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Dr. Lourens has been a sanity saver for me. Do not think for one minute that aging means 40 extra pounds, loss of vitality and chronic fatigue. Dr. Lourens can help. At 44 years old, I have been seeing her for approximately 6 months and lost the weight, gained the energy and mental clarity and I'm sleeping again! In my case, it was all about the hormonal balance. It has been a fabulous experience and now my husband is considering a consultation.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Best Dr I have seen since moving to Canada. Is not afraid to prescribe alternatives to conventional medicine.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I've been traveling from Calgary to Canmore for five years to see Dr. Lourens for my annual check-ups. I appreciate her suggestions for preventative care, including taking vitamins, omegas and probiotics. She is always punctual and her assistant is fantastic.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Hve enjoyed many years with Dr. Lourens. She sees me as a person and respects my voice.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Lourens about 2 years ago, when at that time I was depressed, fatigued and suffered with insomnia. All of these characteristics, were related to a severe Testosterone deficiency. After numerous consultations and follow-ups, Dr. Lourens has helped me balance my hormone levels so that "I feel like myself again". I have more energy to hit the gym, I have more enthusiasm for work, and relish time with my family and friends. I encourage anyone who is "silently suffering" to seek treatment with Dr. Lourens - she will be able to make small changes that will have a huge impact on your quality of life! K.B. Calgary, Alberta.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

If you're a premenopausal or menopausal woman suffering from PMS, hot flashes, mood swings, weight gain and other ‘good staff’ that comes with age, you need to see Dr. Lourens. She is specializing in bio-identical hormones and medical weight loss and I can’t say enough how grateful I am to her for changing my life. She is a wonderful, caring doctor that knows her staff. On top of that, she is a very lovely lady. She is my favorite doctor - she gave me my vitality back. Thank you again, Dr. Lourens :)

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013