Ratings for Dr. Hany Mekael

Golden Mile Walk in clinic family doctor and walk in

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Terrible bedside manner. Not able to listen to the issues at hand. Would never see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Disgusting, was slurring his words. I worked in Medical offices before, and I currently work at the Hospital and was so utterly disgusted by this Doctors demeanor. I'm sorry but he doesn't even deserve a star.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Called me to come to their clinic at the Loblaws Superstore in Scarborough for a follow-up on an ultrasound for a lump. Waited an hour to see him for 2 minutes. He did not check the lump, didn't tell me much on the report, told me to continue taking my medication and come back in a week. I had to ask him plenty of questions to get very little information out of him. Definitely not enthusiastic about his job, but seems to have too much pride that he is a doctor. Other Doctors at the same clinic are better. Don't know why they would call to come discuss the result of a test if they don't really discuss anything. The only information I got out of him was "it's a lymphnode". And...????? More nervous and less confident in the health system now that I saw this guy.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Hang Mekael looked at the lump he was asked to assess and told me it needed to be excised.No ultrasound, no discussion whatsoever. Simply told me to return for a referral. A lump. Potentially malignant growth. Wait 3 months to see the Dermatologist he referred me to? No thank you. The lump is near the lymph nodes. I'm no OHIP paid doctor but perhaps this warrants further assessment. I went for a diagnosis and got nothing but a referral. Not even a diagnostic tool to aid the determination of seriousness of condition. Not impressed and still concerned

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

If you can, avoid seeing this doctor for even smaller health concerns. Mr. Mekael has no respect for his patients and is the true embodiment of a doctor who looks down on the people who walk into his office. Not only does he not actually listen to a word of what you say but he dismisses all of your concerns and any knowledge you may have about your condition. I saw him recently at a walk-in clinic for some flu-like symptoms that persevered even after the flu had passed and he spent 20 minutes lecturing me on how to use hand sanitizer and why it's important to drink 5L of water a day. He also asked very intrusive questions about my personal life (my job and my education history), none of which were in any way related to my condition and when I tried to steer the conversation back to my health, he tried to assure me I was sick because I was overdoing it and women my age tend to do this because I am at an age where this is appropriate before I get married and start having children. This was the first time in my life I have seen this person and he knows nothing about me or my medical history. The takeaway of this experience was that it was very important to use hand sanitizer and keep up with personal hygiene. I have never experienced such a demeaning and insulting visit with a doctor in almost 30 years. Stay away from any clinic that he works in or is employed by.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Does not appear to have the drive of being a doctor to serve patients and to make them better. Very poor bed side manner. Gives a bad aura.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

He was supposed to visit my elderly mother between 4 and 10pm. He did not call all night..the poor woman waited in pain and stayed up...he finally calls after we cancelled the appt already..at 11:20 pm and says he would be there in 45 minutes. When he was asked could we cancel he was rude and didn't even apologize for the fact that he didn't call all night.

Submitted April 27, 2015

One of the worst doctor I have seen. My personal opinion is that, he just looks at the patient as another source of income ($$$), and not as a human being with pain and discomfort that needs to be diagnosed so he/she can feel better. Will never ever recommend to someone this doctor!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I used to go to his walk-in clinic a couple of years ago, and stopped it because of poor service.On my last visit, he showed up at the clinic two hours late. When I was called in to see him, he asked me " what can I do for you" while chewing his gum even though I was called by him to get my results. He did not think of opening my file to see why I was there.I am sure many of people who are reading this can relate to this story. He started telling about how his Lord created all of us. It was very interesting to see a medical doctor preaching to an ordinary patient. Doctors in Canada including this doctor look down at their patients. I hope to see changes in their attitute. One can only hope. I wish good health to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013