Ratings for Dr. Ron Johnston

This Doctor works out of the Valleyview Clinic in Cobble Hill. I saw him once at xmas, for a horrible sinus infection/chest cold. I try to only go to the doctor if very ill. He told me I was fine, to sleep with a humidifier (I had done this for 2 weeks ), acted like I was over-reacting, and sent me away. It progressed into full-blown pneumonia within a week, along with a nasty ear infection and sinus infection. I ended up having to take some very strong antibiotics, and it was difficult to recover. While I realize some things aren't always obvious to doctors, I had a similar experience when I returned to the clinic, to ask about my 17 month olds diarrhea, which has been present for 2+ weeks. While he is hydrated, and otherwise well, I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help (having already attempted obvious dietary changes). Again he acted like I was over-reacting (stating "oh, I see he's your first child" and turned us away). I called the pediatrican, who was mortified.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013