Ratings for Dr. Kerry Mothersill

I have made a complaint to the College of Alberta Psychologists concerning what I believe to be extreme bias on the part of Dr. Mothersill during the 'Independent Examination' process. I urge others who feel they have experienced the same bias to submit a complaint. Justice can only be served if good people act! Below is the link for the College of Alberta Psychologists. The complaint process is straightforward and easy to follow. http://www.cap.ab.ca/

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

As all the other reviews say it here. Works for WCB, horribly manners (answered his phone 3 times), Showed him all the evidence support my facts. Then when i called the office and asked to review his results. I got sent around in circles for 2 weeks then told to call my WCB case manager then told "those files are currently under review, we will let you know when their released". ANYONE that sent to deal with him.. DENY it you have that right.. Also file a complaint with the collage of Physician's . Link is below. This guy is horrible. http://www.cpsa.ca/complaints/

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

AWFUL STAY AWAY!! This man makes his living off of finding ways to facilitate WCB Alberta's agenda. He is awful in principles and morals. Would not even want to speculate as to his medical knowledge as he only spent 5 minutes with me and then left to fill out questions after questions as I sat in a little crappy office watching miserable staff members pace the halls and grab coffees. No this man is a joke and is involved in being a pawn for many different government agencies not just WCB his whole career. Going to see him will not help you in anyway he is only there to use any little bit of information he can get from you that will help WCB squash your claim. Beware and remember you are dealing with a highly educated psychopath who's only agenda is to line his pockets at the taxpayers expense and patient be dammed... AWFUL STAY AWAY!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I attended Dr. Mothersill's office for a complete Psychological Assessment because of severe pain and depression. It was necessary to do this in order to receive any WCB benefits. When I arrived at his office, I first had an interview with this man prior to any testing. I was asked to describe very stressful work related situations and the reasons for my depression. After going through all of this, I was then instructed to go into a small room and answer hundreds of multiple choice questions while I cried because of everything I had just told him. He then accused me in his report of over exaggerating my pain and other symptoms! Are you kidding???? How unprofessional and cruel! I totally agree with the other Review - he is a WCB Pawn! I feel that injured workers should have the right to select a qualified Neuropsychologist who will treat a client with respect and provide a fair and unbiased Assessment process. I am so glad to hear that the Gov't is finally performing a long overdue review of WCB's processes. In fact, they are asking for feedback from Workers who have been treated unfairly. Simply google "Government Launches Formal Review of Alberta's Workers' Compensation Board" and describe your frustrating and unfair challenges that you have experienced with the WCB. This has to stop! If this psychologist had any professional ethics, why would he not save this unpleasant discussion after testing? Instead, he chose to get me emotionally riled up and then expected me to focus and concentrate on all of the questions that I was expected to answer.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

He was late by 10 minutes, asked all of the WCB questions as per their process, accessed the questionnaire's based on WCB's assessment process. Didn't have my file and hadn't read it prior to the interview. Wouldn't let me finish answering his questions, and got so many details wrong in his written report that is is laughable and shouldn't be allowed to be used. He also had to leave 10 minutes early. He totally disagrees with another psychologist that I've been seeing for over a year, who is also WCB assigned, but at least she has some ethics. I can't rate him on his knowledge but if I could rate him on how close he was in accessing me as a person... he gets a negative.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

He is a wcb joke found out after seeing him for head injury said I have coffee addiction and old stress four months after seeing him and getting cut off by wcb I'm still suffering from dizziness do not see this useless doctor total waste off time

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Our friend had a bad work accident,blow to the head ,after Web didn't want to pay any more they sent him to this man,who has no secretary,no nurse,after d when his report came back it said he was addicted to caffeine and that was causing the dizziness for his head injury.Want to know how much coffee our friend drinks?One double double a day.But based on that,our friend was cut off Wcb.People need to stand up to Wcb a AND THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT PEOPLE GET FROM WCB HIRING INCOMPETENT DOCTORS HAS TO STOP.COMEON PEOPLE,FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

This Dr should quit. He is a WCB consultant. He is not fair. He is not objective. Beware of using this Dr for any reason. Period.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I saw Dr. Mothersill for several months in order to work on depression through a CBT approach. While he was one of the nicest people I've ever interacted with, his insight was not novel. He was a good listener, and for a while, it was helpful for me to vent. However, did he actually help me? Unfortunately, no. I was given some information on cognitive distortions, some photocopies of chapters from a very popular self-help book, and some worksheets to do thought records. Honestly, it didn't help me much. Sessions seemed to drag on without goal or hopes of achieving anything. I started seeing a psychologist at Calgary Counselling Centre for $10/hr and it was much more helpful even in the first session than all the months with Dr. Mothersill.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Totally a WCB pawn. Terrible psychologist. 100% against the client and patient. Avoid using this Dr.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013