Ratings for Dr. Kamal Daniel

Brutal wait times. They say 40 min on there new medimap website and wait well over 2 hours while people kept filing in and out. This is a review on the clinic and not this specific doctor. He is an amazing doctor but this clinic is a joke for waiting.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Recently presented to his clinic while he was doing walk in patients. Have been very ill and seen 2 other GP's who diagnosed - 100 day cough/or you just have a cold. His response was, not sure why you came here. I am not your regular doctor. Requested lab work-he then stated he would not be able to review anyway when returned as he was leaving for holidays. Asked if they had NetCare to get results from, he indicated they did not. Regardless he did lab work. After seeing yet another GP - having this lab work reviewed it was very abnormal. I have now been diagnosed with an auto immune disorder and being investigated for cancer. I feel this was very negligent behavior for a physician. Worst physician as he does not have any ethics obviously and he has neglected his duty as a physician with regards to patient follow up. Do not seek his medical attention should you be even remotely ill. Why do they allow physicians to practice that really do not care, only see $$$$ for the number of patients they can run through in their work day. Shameful to say the lease and no thanks to him I am now being looked after by 2 great GP's .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr Daniel saw me on a walk in the other day, he is not my regular doctor, but all I wanted was a prescription refill for my thyroid and acid reflux meds, and to see if I had a concussion from hitting my head at work. He spent half the appointment questioning why I needed the medications, saying I didn't need them because I can just change what I eat. I HAVE HALF OF A THYROID!!! Then he sent me for an MRI without telling me what it's for.... and also told me I didn't have a concussion, got a 2nd opinion on that and was told I did have one. Worst doctor I have ever met. Worst clinic as well, the wait times are ridiculous. I'm glad Dr. Ako left so I don't have to go back there.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Worst Dr!! Family switched to him after our family Dr retired. I never see a Dr. unless I am really sick. Went in with excruciating back pain after a workplace injury. Did nothing for me. All other treatments were not working. Everyone was asking me to get an MRI, Dr. Daniels said no, AHS would not cover it. I have no feeling in my leg, can hardly work, and can not work, and he tells me no. He told me I can return to work, and to loose more weight. Long story short, got another Dr's opinion. New Dr. ordered an MRI. Results from MRI indicate I need surgery ASAP. On top of this, he only spends MAX 5 mins with you in the room. He's too worried about making people wait. I would rather wait, and spend quality time with a Dr to get to the root cause of the problem. He should have his practice taken away!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Prefect doctor not only professional but also has high sense of humanity

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr Daniel is a very caring and helpful Dr. He listens very well and follow up with you if needed. He answered all my questions even when he is in a hurry. I will strongly recommend him and his clinic St Mary clinic.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

I can not praise Dr. Daniel enough. Some people may not like his straight answers but some people do not like to hear the truth. He went to bat for me when other Dr's brushed me aside. He has personally called me and takes the time to ensure I understand everything at hand. He now treats my entire family and I can not be happier. The trust I have established with him can not be beat. IF you are looking for someone to just throw drugs at you, he is not your man. He finds the underlying cause and then provides you with options. He choses his clientele carefully as he laid out when he accepted me as a patient. He was upfront on his stance with narcotics and people abusing prescriptions. If you are just looking for someone to prescribe you pills, move along. Thank you for being you Dr. Daniel.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

When I first started seeing Dr Daniel, I was very happy with him, however when I came to him with some pretty easy things, his solution was always "antidepressants". I was misdiagnosed for almost two years with thyroid issues, and have gained almost 100 lbs making it impossible to do my job due to the antidepressants I didn't end up needing. Refused to allow me a referral for a tubal ligation - when it is not his call to make. They're supposed to write the referral and then the OBGYN makes the choice. I had to degrade and cry to get one of his colleagues to write it for me. Very chauvinistic, doesn't want to listen to what the patient is saying, wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I moved to Red Deer ten years ago and I have been to a lot of walk in clinics and seen a lot of doctors. I've never had one come close to being as good as Dr. Daniel, I started going to him back when he was at his old clinic and was ecstatic when he took me on as a patient. He was the only doctor who really cared about finding out what was wrong instead of just throwing drugs at me. I always look forward to seeing him, even when I'm sick he makes me smile. He really seems to care about my health and making sure I am getting the right treatment. I am happy to have finally found my family doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Daniel is one of the best doctors I have been to. My whole family goes to him and he is always kind and helpful. I was going through some things with my daughter and he pointed me in all the right directions. He wrote letters of referral and even called me to check on things a couple times. I am happy to have found him as my family doctor!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015