Ratings for Dr. B Guan

I waited 5 hours to see dr. Guan to talk about my depression and possible bipolar disorder. He was cold, gave me no new insight or help, literally looked at his watch while I was talking to him. He then asked me what I wanted, like did I want medication. I said I guess so, then he asked me WHAT MEDICATION HE SHOULD GIVE ME! He wrote me a prescription for Wellbutrin, and rushed me out. He spoke to me for under five minutes. Turns out that he wrote me a prescription for seven days, which not only means I have to wait again for a prescription that is at least for three months, since that's how long before anti depressants take effect, but it means I paid 15.99 for seven days when a month prescription is 20$, because of 10$ fees from the pharmacist. The pharmacist also didn't know what type of Wellbutrin to give me or what dosage because he failed to mention that in his prescription. This guy is the worst doctor I have ever met and he should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This doctor was disappointing at best. I am a pretty simple case of anxiety and depression, but he only saw me for 15 minutes and prescribed some kind of a sedative. This is NOT what I needed. He barely heard a word I said, he also seemed nervous, which was strange. I am a fairly average 36 yr old mom of two whom looks and acts normal. I basically just needed someone to compassionately listen and give me some advice as to whether or not to switch my medication. He then asked me what medication I think I should be on! Um...what?! How am I supposed to know? Isn't that what you went to 9 yrs of med school for? It was a joke and a disappointment in the system. He should switch careers.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

This guy should not be allowed to practice medicine. I have never had any need for psychiatric help in 40 years. I was in a couple really bad car accidents and got put on the usual opiate meds like percocet and oxycontin. Then they switched me to methadone which I hated and I read an online article about how cannabis capsules help people get off their opiate meds. So I made the worst decision of my life and tried the canna caps. After about 3 months of taking them and getting nowhere I decided to quit. Well about a week later I had the biggest panic attack ever! I went absolutely crazy inside! Over 2-3 month period I went to the psych emergency department around 10 times. Instead of trying to figure out how to make my life manageable all Dr Guan wanted to do was point out the fact that I had been to the hospital 10 times for this. Trust me buddy I am not coming back because of your awesome personality! I can truly say that I was so scared about what was going on in my head that I truly was considering killing myself because I started believing I would never go back to normal. I told him my concerns and his response was "well that is your choice" and also he said "well you have not done it yet." What kind of a P.O.S. is this guy and how does he even have a job? It was like he was daring me to do it! Thank god I am starting to get a bit of normalcy back to my life and I hope that I never feel that way again. My family said that the only person that can help me get over this is me and that is sadly the truth. I feel so bad for anyone that gets in a similar situation. They will get no help from the RCH Psych Department that is for sure! Terrible doctor!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Guan chose not to listen. After a 20-minute consult, he told me, "In my opinion, you don't have ADHD." I told him that I was diagnosed with ADHD by my previous psychiatrist, now retired, whom I’d been seeing since adolescence. He chose to disregard this. Dr. Guan prescribed an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication I'm to take "forever". Even though I’m not in the least depressed. I explained that while I know I'm presenting as anxious right now, this is situational anxiety only, triggered by my racing thoughts (ADHD), and compounded by a number of difficult experiences with doctors. I asked Dr. Guan if we could please discuss the real, underlying issue: I have significant difficulties concentrating, due to adult ADHD. His response was “You would have been diagnosed as ADHD in adolescence.” I said, “I was!” He again disregarded what I said. Now, two months later, I'm on ADHD meds, and doing amazingly well! No thanks to Dr. Guan.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Was a patient when he worked at South Mental Health Team. Compassionate, knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

drug pusher even though I have been researching antidepressants and there is know proof they help at all and cause more problems with side affects

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014