Ratings for Dr. Nikolas Michalacos

EXCELLENT CARE & SERVICE, is what I experience time and time again when I visit Dr. Michalacos' office. I have been going to Dr. Mikalacos for over 5 years and always leave there impressed with his knowledge, intelligence and "humanness". He really cares about his patients, and it shows. When my son and daughter, now 21 and 23 turned 18, I had them switch from their pediatrician to Dr. Michalacos, and they too, have had consistently great experiences. His staff is always friendly and professional, and I always leave the office feeling "taken care of." As a 50 year old woman and former cancer survivor, I have my share of health issues, and Dr. Mikalacos expertly advises me, always in a respectful manner - never preachy or "judgey." He stays informed on my health issues and appointments and it makes me feel like someone is "looking out for me," especially when I don't always look out for myself. I am so thankful I found such an awesome doctor for me and my now adult, children. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Michalacos at Whitman medical!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Unfortunately, Not very good! Dr. Michalacos is probably a wonderful physician he just didn’t meet the needs of my husband. My husband, who is not the type of person that frequents the doctor had a bad experience on his first visit and I accompanied him to his second when he and the doctor did not vibe very well and I had to intervene when my husband ultimately stormed out never to return again. He felt the doctor was harsh, not caring and rough with him and barely communicated what he was doing in the visit. Needless to say, I was disappointed that the doctor did not try to go after him thus my husband will never go back. He may be a great doctor but this clearly was not a good fit. My only sincere disappointment was that even though the doctor and I spoke at length after my husband left that he never called to follow up to see if he was ok.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Office staff very rude and always shut glass while you are standing there. Have been seeing Dr for13 yrs now he asked where I worked..Asked my family history when we discussed this last year acts like he's never seen you before. Not personable he's fired!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

very professional and knowledgeable, always takes time to listen to you and does a thorough exam and discusses options on care

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

I am 61 years old. Dr. Michalacos has been my primary care doctor for approximately 13 years. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor overall I have experienced in my lifetime. He listens to what I explain and cares about my well being. There have been times when I needed specialists and he never hesitated in referring me to the best. Regardless if my insurance is with a major carrier or with Workers Comp Insurance Dr. Michalacos gives me the same level of quality care. I have had two work related injuries requiring surgery on my shoulder and my ankle so I am speaking from first hand experience. Sincerely D. Jarvis, Stoughton, Ma.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Not a good bedside manner. Acts like he could care less. Doesn't even listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Terrible! Waited over an hour the first three times I visited him. He had no idea why I was there. Seems rushed, won't sit down, won't take me seriously. Didn't seem to be concerned about my concerns, and proved this by neglecting to follow through with his promises to call in my medication and refer me to a specialist. I felt completely ignored and on my own. I've actually had to seek out my own specialist care. At first I thought this was the quality of healthcare to expect from a MassHealth PCP, but learning that he's just a bad doctor. Seems like he doesn't even like being a doctor. Changing providers ASAP!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Rude, arrogant,could have cared less, dissmised a serious condition that has had serious aftermath.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

I had my first visit with Dr. Michalacos today. It was for an urgent matter that needed quick, thorough attention. I had my second child via c-section 6 weeks ago. I have brittle bone disease w/ many other issues. I had my infant child with me and even with ecplicit direction from my specialist doctor he refused to provide me with proper care. Instead he chose to send me to my specialist doctor whom he found was not there and is on vacation before i left the office but neglected to tell me and pushed me off to someone else instead. I arrived at the specialist office 10+ miles away; infant and all and once there without my doc in the hospital I called Dr. Michalacos' office and his staff were rude and lacked compassion and told me to go to the ER because Dr. Michalacos gave them the message to tell me he refuses to do whats needed and the ER or My specialist can order the testing I need and medication. Now home after a 8-9 hour day with my newborn I'm calling the Attn. General. Horrid!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

I don't think he cares like he used to. For a full physical he did sqwat and i was fully dressed. Wow, listten to my heart,look at my eyes and hit my knee with a hammer. I could have done this at home. Oh ya, and then they send you for blood work. What a waste of healthcare money.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Nikolas Michalacos's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)