Ratings for Dr. Joseph G. Anstey

Dr. Joe Anstey is an exceptional physician. He took care of my parents for many years and helped with their quality of life tremendously. He is my physician also, extremely knowledgeable, professional and a great asset to the medical community. Thank you Joe. The Cochran Family

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr. Anstey is in my opinion the best Internist that the St. Louis area has. He has been my physician for 13 years and I trust him with my health. He is straight forward and will take the time to discuss any condition or questions you may have. I highly recommend him but you may not be able to get in to see him as I do not know if he is accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

I have been seeing Dr.Joe for several years. He is the good and caring doctor I had hoped for,as his father delivered 2 of my children, and after his retirement,his brother became my GYN. DR. Joe carries on the family Qualities which include a great "bedside" manor.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2011

If you want a doctor that listens, Dr. Joe is the one. I always feel comfortable with him; you can tell he cares about you as a person. Dr. Anstey will answer your questions in terms you will understand.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Best doctor I hav ever had. Very calm and reassuring. Diagnosed a problem I was having and got me in to see the correct physician the same day! I hope he never goes with a big practice, the time and caring he spends with his patients will be gone.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Dr. Joe is a friend of mine as well as my personal doctor ... When I hospitalized in St. Louis he came to see me more than the surgeon ... I was pleased to see I wasn't getting special attention apparently all his patients feel the same as I do except for a few old soreheads

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I am already referring patients to him. Remarkable doctor; one of a kind! I am a challene medically, sometimes, but his knowledge, compassion, persistence has helped me get answers.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

As a pharmacist, I am extremely critical and have high expectations of health cate providers. Dr Antsey exceeded my expectations. It is obvious that he and his staff are proud of the great care they provide and enjoy providing top care to their patients.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

My personal opinion is that he is unsure of himself and not real confident in his diagosing. His staff is very personable but Dr, Joe while friendly enough, I could not refer to him. He is a solo doctor and another doctor told me he has no associates for a reason.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Joe is terrific! Many people in my extended family go to Dr. Joe and we all love him. When I found out that my boyfriend did not a primary physician, I had him go see Dr. Joe and he really liked him as well. Dr. Joe is easy to talk to, non-judgemental, and his demeanor is one of calm reassurance that he will take care of your problem. When he sits down to talk to you in the office, he is very focused on what you are saying, and he makes you feel as if you are the most important thing to him at that time. I used to work for Dr. Joe's father who was an OB/GYN, and Dr. Joe is very much like him - a bit old fashioned, calm and caring. How refreshing to find a doctor like him in this day and age; one of the reviewers on here compared him to a doctor from Little House on the Prarie, and I thought that was very appropriate. I also like the fact that Dr. Joe was a Pharmacist before he became an M.D., so he knows more about meds that other doctors. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Joseph G. Anstey's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Massachusetts