Ratings for Dr. Devon A. Nelson

Dr. Nelson may be a terrific surgeon but his listening skills are very poor. I was having a slow recovery after surgery to my right knee and didn't receive satisfactory answers from him so I went to another orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. I will never go back to Dr. Nelson.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

At first, I went to see him. He knows whats wrong with my knee and I was relief that he was the man that able to fix my knee. I suffered for 6 yrs for the pain. A few days later I had a MCL surgery. Yes, it helped!!! But there were some issues in my knee. BEfore I could explain what was wrong, He immediately referred me to see a spine doctor. So I went.....it was a minor issue in my back but not sure if it was from my knee? So I called to see if he could give me a different medicine for my shoulder. I suspect that I have a rotator cuff issues. He again told me it has something to do with my back. I was like.. no. It s not MY back!! He doesnt really listen to his patient very well. I am disappointed. Am not planning to see him for the follow up. I m looking for a doctor who can listen to me and my problems. :(

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Nelson is the very best for knee surgery. He is very kind and takes a personal interest in his patients. His skill and knowledge are unsurpassed. He spent plenty of time with us to help us understand the benefits and risks of surgery and did a terrific job with the surgery. He is very well respected by the staff at the hospital, which is reassuring. He's done two surgeries on me as well as some other procedures and I was very happy with his manner and care each time I've seen him. There really is no one better if you are having knee surgery.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr.Nelson is the best Orthopedic Surgeon I ever meant.I was seen another Orthopedic before Dr. Nelson and he told me that he was going to do my knees when I turn 60 yrs old. Dr.Nelson and his staff have been very nice to my.They go out of there way to serve the people.And there always smiling.I'm glad I chose the right surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Nelson is a friendly guy but he doesn't seem really interested in listening or in helping the patient beyond doing surgery. I was in pain and he ignored the situation. He gave a cursory look at my x-rays and though he performed surgery my hand is now crooked. He seems to favor some patients and ignore others.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2008

There is no one better. He has been awesome with me my husband and several members of our family.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

I waited over an hour past my appointment to see the doctor. He spent literally less than one minute listening to my issue and before I could even finish describing the problem, he had diagnosed my problem and was sending me out the door. I appreciate a doctor that first listens to the issue before making a diagnosis, thus Dr. Nelson was not a good match for me. (My insurance company was not listed in the options drop down, but I have great insurance)

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. nelson is not only a great Dr. but a fantastic man his concerns a for his patience are sincere he makes you feel as though you are his only patient.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2008

AWEOSOME DOC! ENERGETIC AND VERY KNOWLEDGABLE. HIS OFFICE HELP IS THE BEST. THEY ARE SO WILLING TO WORK WITH ANY SCHEDULE.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

I had to come home from my mission to have knee surgery, and he did an incredible job. I had pain for about 2 or 3 days is all. I have been without pain, the surgery was great. I am walking almost as good as before within about 4 weeks of therapy. Very impressed with the dr.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Devon A. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Harvard-Pilgrim