Ratings for Dr. Deborah R. Distefano

Bad mouths other doctors. Very unprofessional. Telling my friends and family to go elsewhere for botox.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. D and her office staff have always been wonderful to my family and. She has done PK's on my daughter and me. She also has down cataract surgery on. All our surgeries were very successful.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Distefanco performed RK on me many years ago. Except for the overcorrection (which required repair), I was pleased with the results. However, after I was an established patient, I became less satisfied and finally discontinued seeing this dr.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

The surgery coordinator that I dealt with was disorganized and didn't return phone calls, even when I called her and asked her to call me. Dr. DiStefano was going to perform vision correction surgery on me, but had her staff to call me the afternoon before the surgery to say that she had changed her mind. That ticked me off! My husband and I had both taken off work and had arranged for child care. I later learned that she did the same thing to a chiropractor in our town.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

She performed my R K in 1993 and my cataract surgery in 2004. I was extremely satisfied with her knowledge, surgical expertise, and outcome in both procedures. She has always been very friendly in the office setting, and she always speaks when she sees me outside of the office. RK was an out of pocket expense, but I felt that it was worth $3000 to be able to see 20/20 again. Of course I had to have the cataract surgery and most of it was covered by insurance.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Explained nothing about recovery, showed canned videos instead of answering questions herself. Horrible doctor

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

Dr. D did my LASIK surgery, and I have experienced great results. I chose Dr. D because she is the only doctor in Chattanooga to use the blade-free method of LASIK in Chattanooga. She is very knowledgeable and personable. She will take whatever time is necessary to make sure the patient is comfortable and understands every aspect of their care. As far as wait time, it was no longer than any other specialist I've ever been to. I waited no more than 30 minutes to be called back for any appointment. The staff is very helpful when a patient calls in, and they worked me in same-day when I had a concern. I would recommend Dr. D to anyone who is considering LASIK!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Very knowledgable, personable. Made referral to neuro opthalmologist. Appreciated she knew what was happening was beyond her scope. Wait time can be a bother as her practice has exploded with heavy patient load, but otherwise, excellent. I'll wait to see her because she's that good. Dr. D doesn't rush so waiting is acceptable. If she is late for taking extra time when other patients need it, I know she'll also spend additional time with me when warranted.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

My surgery result is ok, but the environment of this practice is somewhat nutty. It is a very busy, hectic place and you are bounced around a lot. I saw many many people and waited alot, almost 3 hours, to be seen. The staff is nice, but not all do the same things, and the doctors are nice. It was an average experience, but I actually expected more.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

I can't say enough things about this doctor. She was excellent in every way. I would not have taken the time to write this if she was average. She did my eye surgury for me back in June 2006. She is very busy but takes all the time you need when she is with you. She is very soft spoken and and polite to you as a person. She doesn't talk down to you like many other doctors have in the past. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to have the surgury.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

Dr. Deborah R. Distefano's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1976)

Ameritas