Ratings for Dr. Nathan T. Rains

We saw Dr. Rains for a contact lens consultation for our teenager, first time contact lens wearer. Previously he was fine, he erred in judgment in this matter substantially. In the initial fitting of lenses. the two ladies doing the fitting insisted on using a contact lens had fallen on the floor. I objected, they told me that it 'happens all the time'. I told them to stop. They did not! The lens fitter told me they could not afford to use another lens. Unbelievable as they were using apparently free samples! I told her not to proceed, she did, overruling me. I went to get the doctor, he appeared appalled, going quickly to the fitting room. Once in there, he said he accepted their judgment, telling me the lens was cleaned with disinfectant. I told him that he was the doctor, not the fitters and he said "we aren't that rigid around here". Needless to say, we will not return. While Dr. Rains has previously done well, it is clear that he buckled to his staff and clearly told me that it was OK to put a contact lens that was on the floor near the garbage can in my child's eye. Staff members were shocked to hear of the contact lens teams' actions, as was I. The doctor gave up his training and expertise in favor of a young lady who insisted on putting a lens that was on the FLOOR in my child's EYE.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Absolutely amazing experience! He really knows his stuff! From the moment his staff took me back I felt comfortable, well informed, and well taken care of. More than a little disappointed that I only have to go once a year...ridiculous, I know.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014