Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mohan

Dr. Mohan is a very special Physician, when I first met him to talk about the sciatic nerve pain I was experiencing, I felt an immediate sense of trust in him. He explained to me in detail what he could do for me which included spine surgery, he took the time to answer all my questions and when I opted for surgery, he asked when I wanted to have the surgery and I answered “next Tuesday” then he got me in within a week. Dr. Mohan is exceptional in that he is very kind, compassionate, meticulous, never arrogant, always courteous, trustworthy, humorous, always interested and doesn’t forget what you say, and he truly cares about his patient’s whole wellbeing. When I went in for surgery I was in major pain, after the day of surgery and recovery I had very little pain which proved to be true from the time I went home and all through six weeks later. I was given some strong medications for pain and muscle spasms but all I needed was 2 Extra Strength Tylenol per day which was amazing to me. I must also say that his staff at the front end are cheerful, kind, professional and true to Dr. Mohan. I had two follow up appointments with Dr Mohan and I never once had a long wait to see the doctor, he allowed ample time to make sure any questions or concerns will be addressed in the follow ups which were always a positive experience. I feel so good about the outcome of the surgery and I am glad I went with it, new and old desires came to me because of it include getting back to horseback riding, dancing, pursuing a new job, taking some courses at a college and clearing out old “stuff” that I don’t need from the house. Dr. Mohan is not just a good doctor, he is a great doctor and the best I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

I had been battling lower back and leg pains for over a year. My primary physician referred me to Physical Therapy but it provided no relief. After waiting for 1 month for an appointment at the Spine Center, I met with one of the Physician Assistants, not the actual surgeon. Regardless, I felt I received good information and counsel from this individual. He ordered an MRI which revealed several disk/vertebrae related problems. He referred me to the Pain Management Clinic with the hope that steroid injections might minimize or even eliminate my pain/discomfort. The Pain Management Clinic protocol is a maximum of 3 injections within a 6 month period. Unfortunately, the injections were ineffective and I exhausted my 6 month, 3 injection limit in 3 months! After waiting another month for an appointment at the Spine Center, I finally met with one of the highly recognized, well known Spine Center surgeons. Literally, the visit went like this: the doctor walks into the exam room, introduces himself, looks at the MRI, and acknowledges that a surgical procedure would resolve my pain and mobility issues. He then said I was overweight and he would not consider performing surgery on me until I lost weight. With that, he left the room and 5 minutes later the nurse came in and said I needed to lose 30 pounds before Dr. XX would consider me for surgery! Seriously? I didn’t disagree that I needed to lose weight but to withhold a surgical procedure for 30 pounds seemed unreasonable. And, this is the first time I ever met a doctor who could “pick and choose” his patients. After additional research, I requested my case be transferred to Dr. Mohan. After meeting with Dr. Mohan, he confirmed I would benefit from surgery and that the recovery period would be easier if I lost weight……BUT……he was not going to withhold treatment based on weight. Given that Dr. Mohan’s surgical schedule was booked 6 weeks out, I was able to lose 20 pounds by the time he performed surgery. About the surgery, I needed a need to have a L4-L5 and L5-S1 Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion. All I can say is that Dr. Mohan has been blessed with gifted hands! Aside from minor pain around the incision site I felt like a new person after the 3½ hour surgery and was walking the hospital halls in less than 24 hrs! I’m going into my 5th week of recovery and continue to feel great. Dr. Mohan's tremendous surgical skills are complimented by his compassion for his patients and his ability to communicate effectively. Dr. Mohan is also fortunate to have the support of 2 extremely competent Physician Assistants. I cannot overemphasize the level of trust and respect I have for Dr. Mohan. Thank you, Dr. Mohan, for improving my quality of life. Rich G. Naperville, IL

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Dr. Vivek Mohan's response
Hello, thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback! We’re thrilled to hear this and have passed your message along. Thank you for choosing DuPage Medical Group.

Submitted July 18, 2018

Dr Mohan is the best! I also never take surveys but just had to let it be known that Dr Mohan is exceptional in his skill, knowledge, concern & kindness. My son was in excruciating pain w a ruptured disc and was losing feeling in his leg. After calling several doctors that couldn’t be bothered, miraculously we met Dr Mohan who saw the urgency, successfully did the surgery and now this is all behind us. We are SO grateful! My husband is a surgeon at the same hospital as Dr Mohan and he hears & sees similar cases daily that Dr Mohan has miraculously helped. He is truly excellent We are SO grateful to Dr Mohan!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Submitted August 1, 2018

I don’t take surveys or write reviews, ever…until now. Let me explain: 60 years after dislocating my neck, and a lifetime of seeing many doctors for pain, undergoing much physical therapy, chiropractic, ultrasound, decompression, acupuncture, and epidurals; all while taking nothing for pain, I was unable to stay asleep once having finally fallen asleep. My wife began telling me I was screaming in pain whenever I was sleeping. Around Christmas of 2017, a friend, who had successful spine fusion surgery the previous April, told me about his doctor, Vivek Mohan, MD of the Department of Spinal Surgery, DuPage Medical Group, and suggested I contact the Doctor. I thanked my friend, saying I would think about doing so. Finally, after deciding I was ready to give up my pain, I saw Dr. Mohan in March of 2018, and was scheduled for surgery on April 26th. My C3,4,5 & 6 vertebrae were fused, and I had decompression of my spinal cord in several places, with some bone spurs. After 5 hours of surgery to separate the vertebrae, install 4 titanium cages in front, and 8 DTRAX units in back. I awoke from surgery totally nerve pain free. I’m now 7 weeks into my recovery, and even though I have to wear my cervical neck brace for another 5 weeks, I am still totally pain free. I have been walking vigorously since the day after my surgery, and can’t wait until Dr. Mohan tells me I can do my own yard work. I can’t compliment the Doctor, his staff at the Spine Center of DuPage Medical Group, and the Surgery Department at Elmhurst Hospital, Elmhurst, Illinois enough. Their professionalism, efficiency and kindness made my initial meetings, surgery, and post-op appointments an experience for which I am relieved and grateful. Dr. Vivek Mohan is my hero! Dick Nathan Oswego, Illinois

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Submitted June 22, 2018

Dr Mohan is a skilled, talented surgeon. He was highly recommended to me by several OR nurses & I would now highly recommend him. He is patient, kind & compassionate as well. So grateful to him all his great care , relieving me of my horrible pain. He is the best. Can’t say enough about him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Patient's update
Hi there, thanks for the review! We’re happy to hear you’ve had such a great experience with Dr. Mohan. Thank you for choosing DuPage Medical Group.

Submitted March 4, 2018

most amazing doctor and person in the world in my eyes, he did my T11-T12 fusion , if i could id give him a 10 star rating .

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Dr. Mohan is a brilliant and compassionate surgeon. He is a wonderful human being as well. He took me from an immense amount of pain, and inability to walk without a cane , then a roller walker, to being able to walk again. In my eyes he is the most wonderful doctor in the world. I would recommend him (in a nanosecond) to the world, including my own family.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr Vivek Mohan performed a three level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion in February 2014 for severe myelopathy which was causing me terrible neck pain and weakness in my extremities. Dr Mohan's tremendous skills as a surgeon as well as his compassion, and empathy for his patients was remarkable. He is a patient teacher and explains things well and was helpful in allaying my anxiety before surgery. My results have far exceeded anything I expected. I have been without pain since my surgery and have had three follow up visits and am doing great. I would travel any distance to see Dr Mohan and would recommend this fine Orthopedic Surgeon without reservation Sincerely Lynn H. Ingleside il

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Vivek Mohan's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2004)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal