Ratings for Dr. Jill Gibson

I found Dr. Gibson not long after moving to the area. The first 7 months of my pregnancy she was great, she took time to answer all of my questions and seemed very kind. I had extreme “morning” sickness that lasted all day all 9months of my preganancy. I attempted the glucose test multiple times and could never finish the drink before becoming sick. Her office was made aware immediately each time. I went for an appointment around 8months pregnant and she asked for my glucose results and then says since she didn’t have them I’d have to sign saying I refused to take the test. (I tried 3 times and couldn’t complete it) she then tells me I can take the test or pay out of pocket for a nutritionist since she believes I might have gestational diabetes. I go for my appointment 2 weeks before my due date and I ask about my sudden swelling and extreme acid reflux and she releases me to go home. As I’m walking out the door she stops my husband and I and calls us back to a desk in the hallway (so no privacy) and says “change of plans you need to go to the hospital now” she proceeds to inform me that the hospital I’d chosen and taken classes at and is about a mile from her office is on divergent. So here I go under her “emergency” guidance to a hospital I’d never stepped foot into. She comes in the next morning and says I’m precalmsic and need to deliver within 48hrs. She then starts me on medicine to start my labor and that night after 12hrs with no epi or pain meds decides to stop my labor after my water breaking that night. I then labored for two more days my nurses struggled to get in contact with her and all vital signs showed my baby and I were in distress. By day 3 of labor with the help of my wonderful nurses my child was born. Dr. Gibson had been in the hallway but wasn’t even completely scrubbed up when I delivered because she waited so long to come in. At this point my epidural had worn off and with her not being there in time to do an episiotomy I had a severe tear. She proceeds to stitch me up while I scream from pain worse than delivery and she looks up at me and says “you need to suck it up because I don’t believe in all that pain med stuff” I have 3 other witness and a room full of nurses who proceeded to get the anesthesiologist for me who heard her say this. After 30/45 min of the worst pain in my life she’s gone she didn’t say bye, congratulations... nothing just walks out of the room. She doesn’t return the rest of my hospital stay to check on me or my stitches nor does she inform anyone she has a patient to check on. When they go discharge me they had to get the on call doctor because she was nowhere to be found. I called and was never able to set up my postpartum appointment. In my opinion unless you want the worst and longest labor and delivery experience of your life don’t use her. So much for the emergency and 48hr rule. I usually don’t post negative reviews but no one should have to experience what I went through.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

I went in for my wellness checkup today and had a wonderful visit. Everything was so nice from the waiting room to the staff to Dr Gibson herself. I felt welcomed and comfortable in the office. The waiting time was very short and my appointment went very well. Dr. Gibson is so understanding and patient. I appreciate her being in the Covington area. I will definitely be going again and I would definitely refer her to anyone looking for a good doctor in the area.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Both times I’ve been there, I’ve never got to see Dr. Gibson. Always the NP. I felt like my questions didn’t get answered and every time I would ask for blood work done it was always an excuse. Can never get in Touch with a nurse right away, the phone just rings and rings.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Dr. Gibson is very kind and gentle. She does everything she can to make me feel safe and comfortable as possible. The office feels and looks more like a spa than a doctors office. The staff are great as well. Love Dr. Gibson

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr gibson is the absolute best! She has delivered all 3 of my babies (one set of twins) all vaginally. You won't find a more caring and compassionate doctor on the northshore.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

The office is super clean and really nice. It feels cozy and not like a sterile environment at all. EVERYONE is so friendly and super helpful. Dr. Gibson is just awesome. I am a patient for life.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Everyone was very nice and took time and interest with my concerns. Very comfortable atmosphere.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I was seen in a timely manner and was treated very courteously. I feel Dr. Gibson took my concerns seriously, which I certainly appreciate.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

The ladies there are very sweet. Dr. Gibson has the absolute best bedside manner. I am happy with my decision to switch!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

The entire staff and Dr. Gibson are friendly, courteous, and caring.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018