Ratings for Dr. Betsy M. Palal

I was very pleased with the treatment I received from Dr Palal's examine. I have never had such a thorough examine and concern from a doctor as I had with her. I really love my visit with her and I should of started seeing her the moment I found out I was diabetic, thank u Dr Palal.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Palal for more than 2 years and she is the first doctor that has worked with me in getting my A1C where it should be...when I first started seeing here it as 13+ and in less than 6 months is was below 7!! She takes the time to talk with you and work with you. I would recommend Dr. Palal to anyone that needs a good Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I thought my first visit with Dr Palal was promising only to be disappointed with my 2nd follow up visit. I told Dr Palal the symptoms I was experiencing from gaining weight at a rapid weight, no menstrual period, chest pains, and high blood pressure. After being sent to the ER and to my family dr the first thing they all told me was if my endocrinologist had any concerns especially with my high blood pressure. I mentioned this to Dr Palal and she said it had nothing to do with my hypothryoidism or my medication that she prescribed (Synthroid). I kept telling her that I noticed a huge change once she put me on this med and all she kept pointing out was my weight gain, basically calling me fat and this is the reason why I have all these symptoms. She told me my thyroid was only a bit swollen and thats it. My co pay for that visit was $68 and all she did was feel my thyroid and call me fat. Thanks Dr Palal

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Would not recommend her for anyone. Miscommunication between herself, her staff and me. Does not return phone calls in a timely manner. None of my concerns were addressed in a satisfactory way. I had nothing but the run around with this doctor and her staff. Put my lab tests under the wrong name! Would not recommend. Ever!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

She is a very good physician. However, I have discontinued seeing her because of changes to office policy and her staff. I recently visited her office and spoke with her regarding FMLA paperwork. She indicated that it would be completed and faxed to the insurance company. Ten days later, I contacted her office once again to follow up and was informed by her assistant that there would be a $25 charge to submit the paperwork. Since I had no choice, I advised them that I would pay it if they could just fax my paperwork today. She transferred me to the front office to give them credit card information and was informed that it was $50.00. Talk about ripping off patients. One page completed by the doctor cost me $50.00 and I have to have it completed quarterly. $200 of charges I cannot recoup just so I do not loose my job and insurance is a plain rip-off. I will be finding a new physician going forward.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I've seen Dr. Palal regularly for about 2 years. She is always profession and courteous. She asks me about any symptoms that I may have or any changes since I last saw her. I have PCOS and although this isn't her specialty, she listens to my concerns regarding my condition and provides helpful recommendations. Plus, I have never had to wait too long to see her. Although her front office staff isn't always the nicest.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

This was my first visit to the office. I was happy with everything about my experience. From the first phone call to the end of my visit today. The staff was very polite and helpful. Dr. Palal is super nice and very knowledgeable. I'm very happy that I have found her!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. DR ONLY REGULARLY TESTED TSH & T4. DIDNT RUN ENOUGH TESTS. SHE SAID SHE DIDNT THINK MY PROBLEM WAS HORMONAL. STAFF WOULD ONLY TRANSFER EMERGENCY CALL REQUESTS TO VOICEMAIL! ENDED UP IN ER. LATER WENT TO OTHER DR AND SEVERAL SERIOUS HORMONAL IMBALANCES FOUND AT ALL LEVELS. I AM DISGUSTED I WAS LEFT TO SUFFER FOR SO LONG!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Dr. Palal was awful. She took time to speak with my about my hypothyroid problem but gave me no hope or information that was useful. She told me that my weight loss problem doesn't have anything to do with my under active thyroid! HELLO when your thyroid is under active your metabolism slows down causing weight gain and difficulty losing weight! COMMON KNOWLEDGE! Then she told me that I needed to be taking a sleep aid like Melatonin to help me sleep and that if I get better sleep at night then I won't be crashing in the afternoon everyday! AGAIN exhaustion is another obvious symptom of hypothyroidism. She also told me that the goiter on my neck will always be there and that there is nothing that can be done about it unless I have it removed and that's only necessary when the goiter gets so large that it's unbearable! URG! It was a worthless visit and a waste of money! I will never recommend this doctor and I will never go to her again.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Palal is very caring and thorough during office visits. I really feel fortunate for finding her in this town. She and her staff helped me during my diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for an endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013