Ratings for Dr. Kochy Y. Tang

Have been seeing Kochy Tang for over 10 years. Had a concern about some very sensitive information (HIPAA) being shared unnecessarily. Reassured that it would not be shared. Well, it was shared by Kochy Tang herself. When I voiced my concern, instead of Kochy Tang addressing the issue like an adult, and as a professional should, she discharged me instead. Quite the cowardly move.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr. Tang has been my Dr. for 10+ years, and I couldn't image going to anyone else, I wish she could take care of all my issues. The office staff, especially Sherrie is the BEST! I highly recommend her for all of your health care needs.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Could I give Dr Kochi Tang More than 5 Stars? I've gone from a wonderful life, I had worked 3-4 all nighters since childhood as an overachiever. Finally, all paid off, my career and life mission purposes all came full circle with many friends in Los Angeles. After my uncontionable divorce, it seemed life could not get worse, yet for ten years it did! At times, I felt the only person that truly cared and listened, used minimal meds, was Dr Kochi Tang. She treats many celebrities, and as I lost my "fame and fortune" she treated me as the same person I was affluent with great rep, or struggling with slander. She is busy, so I write a list of most vital issues, she has more than wisdom, genuine knowledge. In the room she is completely present in the moment. I just got more horrible news, while weaning off meds. I have a background in yoga, but still turn to her for an honest check in on my thoughts. Most doctors would have dropped me, for not having top insurance any longer. I go on knowing she holds faith in my abilities. She is a true example of a successful woman, that is a mother, wife, caring doctor, and extremely professional. It is not that her wait time is long, but rather patients show up late, myself included. Often I have driven from California, for I have never found such a well rounded doctor, who understands me as a person, and not another case file. I keep going that one day I may repay her with gratitude, for coming out shining adhering to my ethics and morals... She often reminds me to care for myself first... It's easier for me to take pain, than watch others suffer. I was once the epitome of health, material things ripped away are nothing in comparison to health and loved ones. I consider her an example of a very powerful women, that keeps class and a feminine dimeanor. Yet sets boundaries, without being aggressive. I learn from her, and know whatever happens... I will make sure to somehow repay what I consider a priceless doctor! This is coming from someone that is anti AMA, and medication... Very hard core vegan and well trained in all forms of holistic medicine. It came to a point, where I needed more help... I doubt I'd been able to deal with all the physical and emotional duress, and pain, if not for finding this true Angel. Her New staff is very professional. And a doctor can only help you, if you want to do the work to get better! Blessings to Dr Tang in Health, Hapoiness, and continued Sucess. I'm honored to be her patient over 7-8 years? 💞💝✌🏼️🌈💐🙏💯💚💜👠 also very stylish! (With modeling fashion background.... I most loved her long curly hair! ) side Tangent.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

this is a great dr and she listens to what you have to say

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Tang for almost 5 years. She is a great doctor. She knows her patients, she listens, she's knowledgeable and I would recommend her to anyone. I also like it that she doesn't just write a prescription to get you in and out of the office which I believe a lot of doctors do know because it is easier for them. I travel from the Lake Las Vegas area to her office and go by a lot of other Physician offices so she must be good!!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I have been with Dr. Tang for over 15 years. I am really suprised to hear some of the negatives. She may not have the most nurturing bedside manner. She is serious and brusque and definitely doesnt sit and chat about your life, etc.. She gets the job done though. She listens to what you have to say. She doesnt overprescribe BUT she doesnt underprescribe either -- which can be maddening when someone has chronci pain. She understands that. If you come to her with a problem and already feel you know the best course of action, she will (if its safe) let you be cared for that way. For instance, if you are sick and your throat hurts, you may come in and give the symptoms and she will say - ok, try this, this ans this. However, if you say, "no" I know how this works, can we try this antibiotic first. She listens and monitors how medications are treating you. Her staff has never been unpleasant to me. They have gone out of there way to help me out whenever I needed it. This is a CLASSY doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Obviously there is something that has happened with this office. I agree with others comments that Dr. Tang's attitude towards her patients have changed. I don't know if she is just burnt out on her career choice or what, but she seems to want to get you in and out of the office as quickly as possible without any true regard to a valid prognosis. I should have realized something was going on when Dr. Levine left. I felt she truly cared for what was going on with my healthcare needs and was eager to find solutions to my ailments whenever I saw her. Now the whole staff has changed, including all the supporting doctors for the practice have left. Dr. Tang is now the only doctor at this location. I could not book an appointment for a month from now when I tried to schedule. Needless to say I am now seeking a new Doctor's office. My advice is to save yourself time and skip this office and look for a doctor that is still loyal to the profession.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Doctor Tang has very much changed for the worse. Her short/rude bedside manner makes dealing with her very uncomfortable. The office staff do not rate any better. If you are looking for a doctor who listens, cares and responds to your needs, Dr.Tang and staff would be a very POOR choice.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Dr. Tang used to be kind and courteous when we first started seeing her back in 2008. Our visits the past year have been uncomfortable. She seems a brash and made us feel like we were inconveniencing her. When we asked questions, we felt that we were wasting her time. We're in the process of changing physicians.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Both Dr. Levine and Dr. Tang are great doctors with personality & sincere caring.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Dr. Kochy Y. Tang's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1998)