Ratings for Dr. Steven M. Traina

First time I saw Dr , for knee injury , he was actually helpful and compassionate , and his assistant Andrew was phenominal , second time I went in ,( a month later ) I had lost my insurance due to a job change , and even though the accident that caused my injury was being paid for by a third party , suddenly his whole demeanor changed ! He acted as if he had never seen me before and started rambling on about how he was so great that people just came in off the street to see him , he was rude , abrasive and bordered on cruel . Then has the gaul to suggest if my knee did't get better with the cortisone shot he thrust into it , I should come back and see him for surgery , are you freaking kidding me ?! I wouldn't let this arrogant jerk treat my dog .

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

At first, Dr Traina is short, concise and to the point. Punctuality is not his strong point. I saw him at Orthopedic Associates. It seemed as though they were trying to see as many clients as possible. It only took him 2 pictures and two finger points to diagnose my torn ACL, Miniscus damage and bruised tibial plateau. Within 15 seconds he had diagnosed and recommended surgery. We talked about other options but, he said, with my activity level, I wouldn't be happy with anything else. We agreed on cadaver ligaments. He put in a larger ACL than usual because of how aggressively I use my knee. After the surgery, he was much warmer and personable. 9 months after the surgery, he released me to full activity. I asked him if I should back off at all. He said no. I am an x-college level soccer player and expert snowboarder. The surgery turned out perfect and I have never felt limited by my knee. I recommend Dr Traina to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Dr. Traina, is hands down the best orthopedic surgeon in CO. I've had numerous surgeries from him and couldn't be happier. He is very nice, and spends time with you to find out how you injured yourself, and what will be the quickest way to be active again. His office does run a little late, but he makes up for it with the time he spends with you. He accurately diagnosed my problem before we got back the MRI results, which shows how smart he is. You can tell the surgeries are his passion because he takes great pride in his work. It is almost a competition for him to do really well on the surgery with you, and have you heal as fast as possible. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

Dr. Traina has to be the most arrogant, egotistical, self centered Dr. I have ever met. If he could put his attitude aside he would be easier to deal with and he would be easier to put up with. He is good at his surgery though.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Dr. Traina was quick in the appointment (I tend to like doctors that spend a bit more time interacting), but I did walk away with the feeling that he is experienced and accurately diagnosed my issue.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Steven M. Traina's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1979)