Ratings for Dr. Galen C. Whipple

REVOKE This man's license IMMEDIATELY! I began seeing him Oct 2014 at Curry Medical, and filed a complaint there in person against him for the following: He had put me on a Statin, even after I'd told him during 2 prior appts I had bad experience with Statins, as did my Mother (and we're like clones). He added the Atorvastatin/Lipitor EVEN after telling me 2 months prior to take Red Yeast Rice Complex & I've found those two should NEVER be taken together. PLUS, I had told him YES on 2 appointments I was taking it, and he STILL Rx'd a Statin. I have ended up being in pain almost 6 months now due to what that combo did to my musculature system in upper back, which subsequently caused my neck herniations to send horrid nerve pain down my left arm. Whipple has the worst attitude I've ever seen in a doctor. He stormed out of the office on 2 out of 5 appointments I had with him once I started asking simple questions about problems I was incurring. He spent so much time each appt. talking about high cholesterol (even though my other risk factors are very low, plus I have HepC, and it's familial cholesterol and I'm not concerned about it), that the 18 minute appointment window was filled up with him acting like a know-it-all and never allowing me to speak up at ALL! WORST DOCTOR EVER! He doesn't listen, he doesn't remember anything going on with a patient from appt to appt, and he has NO patience, thus should have no Patients under his care, either!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

When Galen Whipple was an employee of a medical center in Curry County, Oregon (Curry Health Network), I had the extremely unfortunate luck to be assigned to him to be my primary care doctor. I saw him only once, as you will see why: He is--without a doubt--the WORSE doctor I have ever been subjected to. He knocks out of first place as worse doctor a GYN who lit up a cigarette while examining me! My experience with Whipple (I will not call him a doctor) lasted, fortunately, only 10 minutes, during which time he argued with me about my use of the work "numb" and " numbness" while describing symptoms that were painful. "How can your hand be painful if it is numb?" this moron asked. I was astonished by the question. I explained further and he continued to further digress about the words I was using rather than dealing with the reason I was there! Nastiest SOB ever. Argued with me over everything. Said there was no point in referring me to a neurologist unless I was agreeable to have surgery! Surgery! I was to there & then consent to surgery for a problem that he couldn't even diagnose. This guy can't possibly be a doctor, can he? AMA---revoke his license. The best this guy is good for is working as a stockboy in some warehouse where the only thing he can insult and fight with will be crates and boxes. He has no business being a doctor and it's unbelievable that he really has the proper credentials. I am doubtful, honestly, I am doubtful, that he has. The rating here does not reflect a rating of Whipple alone---which should be ZERO stars. Or negative-50 stars! I feel sorry, too, for the staff members who have to deal with this jerk. I see he doesn't last long wherever he goes, though.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

This is the only time I have ever had such an unpleasant experience with a medical professional. Without discussing background or history this physician not only directed me to discontinue medicines that have worked for years, but also chose to insult me when I tried to explain my knowledge of my conditions. When asked if he was not a very patient person, I was told directly that he found my explanations "obnoxious" and that he had gone to school for years to gain his knowledge, although he had just told me he had looked up a new medicine I am concerned about. It was at that point I let him know that we were not going to get along and it was time to end the appointment. I did state that I could not handle arrogance and am not a "cookie cutter" patient, that all biological entities are different. By the way...this was the initial visit for a new primary care physician.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014