Ratings for Dr. Bert W. Mathieson

I am so thankful that we found Dr. Bert Mathieson! I suffered with lyme disease for over a year seeing multiple doctors that only treated my symptoms and assured me I did not have lyme. Dr. Mathieson confidently treated me for lyme. His treatment gave me my life back! It was a long road to recovery but now i feel 100% !!! Thank You!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

He is a part-time non-medical doctor who only wants to treat very simple cases and he and his staff have a terrible attitude towards patients. He appears pleasant at first but is only to get his initial high fee. All is cash only! He is interested mostly in billing time and won't answer any questions unless you get another appointment. Then he will research the problem and bill again. If you question him in any way he gets upset and offers to cancel your appointment or his services! He obviously missed the class on patient treatment! The good ratings have to be bogus!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr Mathieson is a professional, caring and knowledgeable doctor. He listens well and then give you more than one treatment areas and discuss with you to find out what is best for you rather than just push his own agenda to you. He even goes above and beyond to research your illness and consult others particularly with uncertain or difficult diagnoses. He is honest and will tell me if the best treatment for me is a combination of treatments from different doctors and do not hestitate to refer me to another doctor if he feels that is best for me. This is rare to find a truly caring and knowledgeable doctor that put patient's best interest first. Also thankfully now naturopathic doctors in NH accept insurance coverage from Harvard Pilgrim, Cigna and any individual health insurance plan including Health care exchange. It is refreshing that a doctor is willing to spend time to listen to you rather than push you out in 5-10 minutes without even listen to all your symptoms and just prescribe you medicine right the way. Maybe why sometimes Dr Mathieson cannot be always punctual to appointments.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Mathieson is a knowledgeable person and a good doctor. He has helped me with strategies for improving my arthritis pain by taking the time to prepare a treatment plan for my specific needs. He is also a good listener and very patient. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

started out ok, but throws too many treatment ideas at you at one time. never said if you are supposed to do all of it or pick and choose. if you have a question later, they make you make another appt. which is a waste of time for a small clarification. won't take insur. if it is a phone consult (?). even if you explain well, he just listens and then throws too much at you on paper. doesn't want you to listen to or read info from anyone else but then tells you to read a (lyme) book and then when you mention info from the book, he doesn't think they know what they are talking about. I have not been cured after almost 3 years so when I mentioned I want to go another route, they "fired" me. I am now going elsewhere and self treating.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

See above. Intelligent and committed to establish core issues to align medical treatment.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

well i went to see him cause i was sick he then wanted to push me off to someone else after two months

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013