Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod

Dr. Axelrod replaced my knee 10/2016. He thoroughly explained every step. Four months later I have excellent range of motion and no more pain. He is always willing to answer questions and offered me options for 2 years leading up to the surgery. Exceeding competent and professional, I will always recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I had my left knee replaced 2-16 Doctor Axelrod explained the whole procedure and what to expect afterwards. He also explained why therapy was needed and why the muscles must be stretched. This is the first MD that went through everything and answered all my questions and gave me my options. I would highly recommend Dr Axelrod to anyone who needs an orthopedic surgon.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr Axelrod did a left knee replacement. I am very pleased with his description of my procedure . He was very informative as to what to expect after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Axelrod to anyone for this procedure

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Axelrod did a total right knee replacement. Everything went as Dr. Axelrod described. He was most helpful, caring and listened when I had questions. He is who I will choose when I do the left knee.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

My first encounter with Dr. Axelrod was in the emergency room at St. Joseph's hospital in May of 1994 when I had a severe broken requiring numerous screws and a lengthy recovery with great results.. I have seen him many times over the past 22 years. In July 2015 he did a full knee replacement on my right knee with fantastic results. I love his kind, friendly, concerning and knowledgeable way. I would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone needing surgery.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Very friendly, knowledgeable and caring. Explained the surgery in detail and answered all my questions. I had total knee replacement on both my knees 5 months apart and I have had a great outcome on both of them. I highly recommend Dr. Axelrod.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Fantastic practice, professional, attentive, direct and understanding. Great team to have in your corner!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Great sense of humor. Extremely knowledgeable. He is very straightforward about his assessment of your condition and chances of recovery. So far, he has repaired two knees and dealt with my broken humerus. I wouldn't think of going to anyone but Dr. Axelrod.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Dr. Axelrod performed a total knee replacement following years of Advil and ice. As I am an avid skier, cyclist and golfer, the concern was, "will I be able to participate in those activities, and if so, at what level?" My fear was that I'd be joining a book club for the remainder of my life. Not so. Dr. Axelrod painted a very real picture about the procedure, the rehab and physical therapy. I like his straight forward talk, no beating around the bush.....AND, he proved he is a very talented surgeon given the condition my knee was in and what it is capable of doing now. Thank you Dr. Axelrod

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have had three knew injections with Dr. Axelrod. I am a very fearful patient and he and his staff are always there to reassure me and help me through.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Glenn B. Axelrod's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1977)
  • Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1977)

• Hip replacement