Ratings for Dr. Jean Marc Smith

Excellent doctor who really cares, takes the time and is friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Dr smith is a great doctor, very friendly, knowledgeable, and takes the time to listen and talk to you unlike most Drs. Usually runs half hour late every app but worth it because you know he's taking time and talking with his patient's instead of just brushing them off and out without care.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I was a patient of Dr.Smith's for a long time and was misdiagnosed horribly and almost died after he said that I had nothing wrongness with me and that I had an eating disorder. I eventually had to have my gallbladder removed and spent 5 weeks at Children's Hospital.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Doctor Smith is completely inept. He is more concerned with being your FRIEND than your physician. My father is now DEAD after 4 weeks in the hospital caused by Dr Smith's misdiagnosis. He knew my father over 25 years and never even came to see him in the hospital, and only wanted to talk about cars when my dad (who has a chronic medical condition) came in complaining of stomach pains. I hope this man get's his medical license taken away. Please spare your family the heartache of losing a loved one to his idiot..

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. Smith is a very caring and personable GP. He knows when his sense of humour is appropriate and alleviates stress in that way. He listens to my concerns and takes the time to discuss possible courses of treatment and/or referrals. I have rarely felt rushed and that would be why there is usually a wait to see him, but it is well worth it! I can usually get an appointment within a few days of calling. I have been a patient for many years and plan on being a patient for many more!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Generally an alright person but I feel that he is pretty terrible at actually listening to my concerns. When trying to explain some of my symptoms he effectively just cut me off and just gave cookie-cutter advice without actually listening or asking any follow-up questions. Additionally he is always at least 30-45 minutes behind schedule with appointments.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Smith has been our family Dr since 2010. He is a great Dr and very nice and friendly. Doesn't just throw meds at you but likes to get a diagnosis. We still go to him even though we moved 45 min away :)

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Started seeing Dr. Smith nearly two years ago when diagnosed with a chronic illness while in hospital. I continued to see him afterwards since I didn't like my old GP. He is a great doctor. What I really appreciate about him is that he really takes my opinion into account. He gives me suggestions and options but realizes that when dealing with chronic illness, I know more about my body than him and that he can offer suggestions and discuss medications but the choice is ultimately mine. Most dr's I have seen just tell me what i HAVE to do and don't have a choice in the matter but he is very respectful of what I want to do. Also makes sure that when I'm ill that I'm not dealing with depression or anything else on top of it. Always asks what I'm doing to keep busy or what's going on in my life. Note: very open to whatever works for you (if you see results, he says that's great, and if it works for you to continue it.) However, he will never agree that there is real evidence unless he has read legitimate studies and will let you know that there is no proof haha but ie - if you see a naturopath he won't give you grief for it. Receptionists are OK, but seem to not like their job lol, and he is often late but it's worth waiting.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Dr Smith used to be fantastic but now his client list is too big. His staff are rude and complain behind the desk. He is always at least 30mins behind schedule.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I love Dr.Smith, I have had migraines for 21 years and when he was the attending at the hospital and I came in, he listened when my mother told him what was wrong. He wasn't my doctor at the time but took me as his patient after that visit. He scheduled an appt with me for 2 days later and he has been my doctor ever since. He is thorough when it comes issues and when one method of treatment doesn't work for something you can be sure that he tries something else. He's pretty much saved my life twice, once with the migraines and another time with my recently diagnosed ulcerative colitis. I don't think I'll be switching him anytime soon... willingly that is.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014