Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Duca

9 yrs ago My husband was diagnosed with lung disease, he produces mucus and can't breathe. He has gone to the best, Georgetown University, John Hopkins, INova lung institute. All they could do is provide more Prednisone causing more damage. My husband was getting worse and worse. Dr. Duca took the time and did so many exams and found out that my husband is 3x lead intoxicated. As Dr. Duca said we need to find out the root cause of how you got to this point. Dr. Duca is a God sent. My husband looks like a different man! God Bless Dr. Duca. The reviews say his appointments are usually not on time......you'll see why...........he was with my husband from 11am to 4pm the first visit and still only charge his initial fee. Also, he doesn't take our insurance, he has had conference calls with my husband so he doesn't have to charge him an office visit. This is a rare quality now a days.............truly unheard of!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

My son has been seeing Dr. Duca for chronic medical issues related to a rare blood disorder. We have seen every kind of doctor out there (hemotologist, endocrinologist, rhumatologist, neurologist, immunologist, psychologist) and NONE (except the psychologist who recommended Dr. Duca to begin with) have been as helpful and effective as Dr. Robert Duca. I never knew what a good nutritionist could do!! He has literally turned my son's life around! But it does take commitment to a new healthy regiment of diet, supplements, and exercise. He ran tons of tests that revealed so much and finally gave us answers (and my son was so happy that all the fatigue, joint pain, headaches, etc. were not all in his head as some of the other doctors had hinted). He is a completely different, healthy young man now and we have Dr. Duca to thank for that. He is caring, patient, and does take the time necessary (our first appointment went 3 hours long, as he looked through ALL of my son's medical records and asked tons of questions). He takes a holistic approach to the whole person, and what is happening in their lives. Fabulous doctor!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Did not help at all with my problem instead charged out of pocket for tests that found nothing.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr Duca is a very caring doctor who takes a ton of time with you who tested me for things and discussed things that no other doctor has. It's a difficult treatment plan (diet, exercise, supplement, life changes )that you have to have a lot of will power to stay on but so worth it. He is truly a great doctor who cares deeply for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I have seen Dr. Duca for over 15 years for various issues. I have never known him to push for unnecessary treatment or use drugs at all--he does use nutritional supplements, but only as needed. He is very thorough in his examination and willingly refers you to other medical professionals if he feels they are better able to help you. He is honest, professional, and probably the best chiropractor I've ever seen. His care is gentle, innovative, and thoughtful. He doesn't always run on time--but that is because he gives each patient the time that they need--he never rushes or pushes anyone out the door. He answers questions and discusses strategy on how to best approach your treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Duca.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Very knowledgeable about natural medicine and diagnosis. I went to many docs for 5 years but only was perscribed more meds. This doc searched until he found what was making me so sick. He then put me on a good diet with the support of supplements. I feel better than I have felt in years. He literally gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

This doctor was friendly, although he was thirty two minutes late. He seemed knowledgeable but he kept pushing drugs and procedures that didn't seem necessary. The drugs and procedures were not covered by insurance, so my out of pocket cost for one visit was over $250.00. He then wanted to me to continue coming back at least once a week. This seemed unnecessary, especially considering the cost of the visit so I told the front desk that I would wait to schedule my next appointment. Now his office calls me about every two weeks to schedule more appointments, despite my request to be removed from their call list. The front office staff has always been courteous and honestly a bit sympathetic (they don't seem to enjoy charging what they charge), but I wish the doctor would allow me to decide when I want to come back and what treatments are actually necessary.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012