Ratings for Dr. Alan Pollack

What’s really important in a good Dr? It’s nit about wait time or bedside manner. It’s about being a great diagnostician, having exemplary surgical skills and responds to you quickly. Dr. Pollack possesses all of it. In addition has 3 locations and sees patients on Saturday. Many of my family members have also seen him and been exceedingly pleased with his expertise.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

this is not a doctor. he has no clue what is he looking at. my mom has an ear infection because she has a whole on her left ear, everyone agreed there is a whole but this Dr said he cannot see anything, and what she has if from her dental work. he did not want to spend any time or listen or prescribe any medicine. he does not deserve the license.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

Wonderful physician - really listened extremely smart and educated - highly recommended

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

My mom came in for severe pain in her ear and loss of hearing. Dr. Pollack spent LITERALLY 3 mins with her, said she had a fungal infection and prescribed acetic acid drops and told her to come back in a week. No bedside manner. Pain worsened, and Dr. P said there was nothing he could do for her. He further terrified us by saying that the infection might've gone to the bone & she might need surgery. We panicked. He didn't order a scan but instructed us to go to a specialist, even though HE IS ONE. So we saw another ENT doctor & told us that the Dr. Pollack was supposed CLEAN the ear before prescribing drops and send samples from the ear for testing. Dr. Pollack did NONE of those things. New doctor cleaned my mom's ear and prescribed new drops for my mother that cleared up the infection in 3 days. Seems that billable hours are more important to Dr. Pollack than patient care.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Office wouldn’t allow me to schedule appointment just because he didn’t know my copay ammout. I had to go through advocate helpline to schedule just to find out that the Dr. canceled the appointment on me without my consent or notification to me. Very sketchy practice.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I have only had excellent experiences with Dr. Pollack and his office staff over the past 10 years. The first time, I had a serious infection of the jaw that had puzzled other doctors, but Dr. Pollack found the source and may have saved my life as the infection had swollen my throat to the point that I was ready to check myself into the emergency room. More recently (8/28/2017), I had a middle ear infection that he treated at the hospital with a myringotomy and tympanostomy tube insertion. His medical knowledge and skills are excellent. And his office assistant has always been polite and efficient. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I had terrible earache and saw dr pollack. He is very rude. He didn't listen me and didn't answer my questions. He diagnosed wrong way. I had ear infection but he said tmj. Ear infection went away more than six weeks because of him. Never recommend him. If you stay alive run away from him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

ANYONE WHO READS THIS, I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT GO TO THIS "DOCTOR" TO GET ANY SORT OF CARE/TREATMENT DONE. First off, the receptionist told me I had to pay with cash before my family member was able to be treated by this doctor (This seemed very sketchy considering the fact that I have never seen any sort of medical office telling me to provide cash right before the examination itself! It seemed to me that all they cared about was getting their money before any sort of examination was even done! She also didn't even have a receipt book or anything professional looking to show proof that I have paid for this visit. Instead she wrote it out on a prescription pad saying patient paid doctors visit. (A doctors office should always provide the patients with legitimate proof of payment, not something where the receptionist just scrambled upon finding on something to write on). 2nd point I would like to address was that they shoved us into a small cramped office with drawers open filled with patient files!! My GOSH do they not understand that they are breaking code of HIPAA violations? Medical records should be sealed in a place where other patients will not be able to get a hold of! Sitting there in that room for over 15-20 min, anyone could have clearly gone through the files of any patient that was treated. The doctor kept on interrupting my family member and seemed to be rushed and irritated when I tried to ask questions since I had a better knowledge of medical terms and spoke english much clearly. The doctor right away without even giving consent to my family member started probing in her nose where she was beyond terrified of course because he did not inform her of what he was about to do. PLEASE, once again do not waste your health or time or money on such an unethical and immoral doctor who really does not have the heart for his patients. In addition, he said that surgery was going to be required after this visit. So me and my family decided to get a second opinion from a different doctor and he said there there was absolutely no need for the hassle of having any surgery done at all. Dr. Pollack of course just wanted to get the most cash out of his patient's pockets. PLEASE SAVE YOUR LOVED ONES HEALTH AND AVOID SEEING THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Alan Pollak for your ears. I found him in my insurance book. He has mutiple convenient office locations. The staff made me appointment that same day. I would send my family and friends to him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Wish I had read these reviews about this hack of a Doctor, please see my Yelp review and steer clear of Alan Pollak. For all who have had issues, please address them on his Yelp site! http://www.yelp.com/biz/alan-c-pollak-md-skokie

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015