Ratings for Dr. Patrick G. Mcmenamin

I have been seeing "Dr. Mac" (as those around the office call him) at Aiken ENT for about 6 months now for allergies, sinus infections, etc. On the positive side, he has a great personality, remembers me, and is very kind and courteous. He was very understanding when I broke down in his office about how hopeless I felt and encouraged me that I will get better. Upon reading other reviews, I noticed he used to be a plastic surgeon before coming to Aiken, SC. This explains a lot. Although I really like him as a person, he admitted to me that he is a "rookie" when it comes to allergies. I was told by multiple nurses in the office that I am a "special case" and yet am being looked at by a rookie...? Perhaps this is why I am continually getting worse? I do not know. So, FOR newly discovered ALLERGIES, I DO NOT RECOMMEND him. For other issues that fall into his field of expertise, go for it! Hope this helps! :)

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I had a friend who works for Dr. Mac and she said as long as you're not having breast augmentation he should be okay. I should've taken that to mean he wasn't very good. But I went anyways. He is very chatty any big name dropper. I had a lower facelift done. I developed a large hematoma on my cheek after the surgery, which he allowed to stay for 10 days. That cause my face to pull away from the scar line, which in the end is visible in front of my ear...very visible. Not to mention that my face is asymmetrical. Everyone's is and I understand that but this is so obvious. I've been to see three plastic surgeons. All three said that they would have compressed it or relieve the blood from it. But I believe he didn't know what to do and left it which caused my bad scars. He never took responsibility and wanted to charge me for another surgery to take care of it. I feel fortunate to have this chance to tell my truth. But mostly to warn others.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

My experience with Patrick McMenamin and Louis Gallia many many years ago was not good, and I knew right when the bandages came off that my results were poor. I was left with major scars that never healed. I did not realize at the time that any doctor could perform plastic surgery, and I believe my results were due to the fact that they were two otolaryngologists who wanted to be plastic surgeons but lacked the necessary training to achieve great results. However, this was long before the internet and I was very young, so it was very hard to do any research regarding plastic surgery. Although, McMenamin has a bunch of credentials with impressive names, compare them with this article and you will see that they are lacking. http://www.theplastictruth.com/ Remember that as the article states "ANY licensed medical doctor can claim to be a Cosmetic or Plastic surgeon. Almost every physician has a board certification." Do your homework and find the most educated and skilled plastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Dr McMenamin and his PA Catherine Lown have been extremely helpful and clear in explaining the options for procedures and the pros and cons for them. My results were very good and I am very glad I used them and had the procedures done. I would go to them again and recommend them to others.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I had 4 procedures done by Dr. McMenamin: a circumference abdominal lipo, a back/neck/upper arms lipo, inner thighs lipo, and a laser face lift. The results have over exceeded my expectations. I'm overjoyed.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

It's amazing how many patients of his have been fooled into thinking that he's a plastic surgeon with all of his B.S. credentials! They unfortunately never find out until they seek second opinions after bad results.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Mac's HONESTY and integrity helped me to begin a weight loss journey of over 100 pounds! His words resonate with me even three years later, as I continue with my aesthetic goals. His service to me helped me regain my self esteem and ! I had two liposuction procedures by Dr. Mac, and my results are phenomenal. Before you give your money to any other surgeon, check with Dr. Mac first...he might not tell you what you want to hear, but he will tell you the truth that will help you get the BEST results possible for the money you'll spend.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Mack for about 8 years now and his conservative approach to keeping my 55 years young look has given me great satisfaction. I've never felt or looked like I've had work done, just kept staying youthful for my age. I'm constantly getting complimented on how good I look for my age and it's all thanks to Dr. Mack. I consider him not only a caring and excellent doctor but an artist as well. The after care and follow up support was amazing. Dr. Mack called himself to be sure all my questions or problems were answered and I was doing OK.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

I was seen for a consultation with Dr. Mack last week. He spent more time with me and explained the procedure I was requesting better that the 3 so-called "plastic surgeons" I saw first. Dr. Mack addressed all my questions which after reading this site included the 2006 case mentioned here. He was honest, forthright about it. He reviewed his training with me for the procedure I am requesting and he has privileges for it at an off-site facility. Dr. McMenamin is doing my procedure and I feel very confident I've made the right choice. Besides, anyone that would give this doctor all 1's obvioiusly has an ax to grind and should not be taken seriously. Sites like this one are used way more by the dissatisfied and possibly by people who aren't patients at all!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

I went for a consultation, seen as I am now 45 and starting to show it. I had hoped to get some options over the phone but the receptionist was vague about costs for procedures. She urged me to come in, so I did. Dr McMenamin seemed very chatty, yet not really covering my options in a logical way. Lots of name dropping about conferences, presentations and committees and the like. I didn't get the sense that he took the time to understand my goal or to cover some options. At the end of the day, some Botox, filler, and product would have been great. Instead I took my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Patrick G. Mcmenamin's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Aiken, SC