Ratings for Dr. Jesse F. Doty

After a tib/fib fracture from falling the down the stairs in my home. I had emergency surgery on July 4th. Another doctor performed surgery and I went home. 2 months later I had a staph infection in which I was not treated properly for until December in which I had to have another surgery and vancomycin by IV for 10 weeks. I continued with the same dr and the relief was just not there. After a year of pain I went to another orthopedic at Erlanger and he braced my leg again and watched it for a couple more months. He finally told me that I needed a trauma surgeon. My screws were broken and the pain was not resolving. He said he would send me to Dr. Kiner, but, I wound up with Dr. Doty. Right from the beginning he gave me 3 options. We chose the one that we though was best and that was to remove the broken hardware and see if there was still infection. I once again became non weight bearing and was in a wheelchair for 8 more weeks. I had already seen a wheelchair for almost 3 months the year before. After 8 weeks I was able to go to a boot and do physical therapy. On May 1st I went to transitioning from the boot to tennis shoes. As of today I have been released by Dr. Doty to live a normal life. He did in 8 months what another doctor could not do in a year and a half. Thank you Dr. Doty and your staff for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Aspercreme is not a good treatment for cellulitis.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I am so thankful that I got a second opinion with Dr Doty and his staff. They have been awesome. My only regret is they were not the first choice. I'm only 2 months into recovery and I feel fantastic.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Feet were extremely painful. Dr. Doty did several procedures involving my left Achilles tendon as well as removing a bone spur from the side of my foot. He removed a bunion as well. Through the entire procedure and the healing process which followed, there was absolutely no pain. I did not need the pain relievers and muscle relaxers which he prescribed. I've never before had surgery that did not involved some pain.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Southern Orthopedic Group as a whole is very professional and helpful. Dr. Jesse Doty performed a total ankle replacement on me and I can't thank him enough. He is a very good doctor and a good person. He is carrying, patient, and compassionate. Some doctors may have one of these qualities but not all. If they were giving out awards Dr. Doty and his staff would be given the most prestigious.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

After having a motorcycle accident in November and shattering my Tibia and ending up in the Er. Dr Doty did surgery to repair it. He has fixed it completely. I am already healed and been released from his care. His office gives top notch care.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

i have not been able to walk on my left leg for 6 years. a tibial pin was inserted after a tib/fib fracture. i have consulted with 3 other orthopedic surgeons ,in the past 36 months .all of them had a different diaognosis, and never took into conceredation what my sysptome were, dr doty listened to me as i explained whay and where the pain was located, we both came to a decision that we needed to remove the tib/pin first before we could go into a proper diagnosos later , that is what i sugested to each other surgen prior, dr doty did the removal and 3 days after i was able to stand without the prior pain i had. only time will tell if anything else is needed but i have to say he is the best orthopedic surgeon in tennessee.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I had my right great toe fused because I was in extreme pain from osteoarthritis. Dr Doty was an amazing surgeon. I am now pain-free. His bedside manner is also wonderful. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Doty and team are wonderful. Caring, take time to explain. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I decided to go see Dr. Doty are having about 10-12 years of heal pain and many different doctors telling me that I had either: A Tumor, Cyst, Puss, Diabetic Nerve Pain (although I'm not diabetic) and some couldn't even give me an answer until DR. DOTY CAME INTO THE PICTURE!!! ALL OF MY PROBLEMS WERE SOLVED IMMEDIATELY... He told me exactly what was wrong with my foot. I had torn my Achilles Tendon along with some other damage so on June 7, 2016, I was in the operating room and I came out feeling like a NEW PERSON. I no longer have any kind of pain what so ever. (I'm only 5 months into recovery) Best work that could ever been done. As for the Physicians Assistant (Joel), He is JUST AS AMAZING!! along with everyone at Erlanger on 979 E. Third St Suite 225 Chattanooga, TN 37403. They are NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK!!!! LOVE EVERYONE THERE...

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016