Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth M. Guastello

I called the 24 hour emergency line bcz I was having extreme chest pain. It was approx 6 AM and I was trying to decide if I needed to go to hospital or take nitro pills and chew aspirin to aleve the pain. I called the 24 hour hotline 841-3636, they took a message and within a few minutes Dr Guastello called back. She immediately sounded irritated and would not give me a chance to even ask the pertinent questions I wanted to ask. All she said was "if you have chest pain there are 2 options-"tough it out or call 911." I replied I have nitro pills and aspirin, in what quantities should I take them, how often, and what is the max I should take before I should go to the hospital. She angrily repeated "tough it out or go to the hospital, then hung up on me. I called her back and she said "this is a private line" to which I replied "I know and you are not answering my questions, you are the cardiologist on call and you are talking over me, not letting me ask questions and have basically given me no guidance at all. I may be having a heart attack and you don't seem to care." She is not my regular cardiologist, have never met her and never want to. She is rude, uncaring, unprofessional, and I could have perished that night/morning. I strongly recommend you avoid her and seek care from one of the other cardiologist at this office like I did. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being excellent, I rate her a minus 10!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015