Ratings for Dr. Elaine Jolly

I have been seeing Dr. Jolly for 29 years. She 1st saw me when I was 24 years old & they suspected a 3rd large ovarian cyst. I had endometriosis stage 4. She probably.ised to try her best to save my ovaries as I was only 25 & had no children. She claims it was the most difficult surgery she performed in her 40 years of surgery. Scar tissue was wrapped around everything & she had to call in a bowl specialist & kidney specialist. Today I would have a colostomy if it was not for her skills as a surgeon & her decision to call in another specialist. I owe my quality of life to her & that surgery. Though I couldn't have children I have led a life without the excrusiating pain I had been suffering. She is the most wonderful, warm & compassionate doctor & person you could ever have the chance of meeting in your lifetime. I owe her my life. Thank you Dr. Jolly.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Unbelievable doctor. Cares about her patients. Deals with difficult situations with compassion and class.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for years. She is incredibly kind and helpful and an amazing women' health Doctor. Just plan on spending 3 hours in the office...bring a book!! It's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

In 2005, she wanted me to have a day surgery on a Friday and send me home with morphine over the weekend. We live in a rural area with no ER within an hour's drive. I have major drug sensitivities and can usually only tolerate a half dose. I'm allergic to codeine, which is a derivative of morphine. When I refused the procedure she said I was just a scaredy cat and I was wasting her time. I had to wait a year but I had a full hysterectomy in Feb. 2006 where ob/gyn removed over 2 kg uterus and spent an hour scraping away endometriosis "everywhere". Her procedure would never have dealt with the endo. She was rude to me on the phone. I didn't trust her not to nick my bowel or something "accidentally".

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Staff as always, rude!!! Right from the front desk and on to certain nurses. Dr. Jolly is great once you get to finally see her.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I am extremely grateful to have Dr. Jolly as my gynecologist. After numerous other doctors weren't able to help me over years of issues, she was able to diagnose my problems within a week. A month later, I'm recovering from surgery and relieved to finally get things resolved. I know you have to wait, but having chased problems for years, I'll gladly wait for her expertise.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Jolly was my doctor for the past 7 or 8 years. I know she comes highly recommended. As a gynecologist she is good, but first you have to wait at least 2 hours, then the nurse asks you numerous questions. About 1 hour later, the intern or resident doctor comes in and asks a flurry of questions. You finally get to see Dr. Jolly later after that and only for a few minutes. Then you're escorted to her office where you must pay immediately for your visit. My last visits, Dr. Jolly tried to do a procedure on me, with no anesthesia. After I could no longer stand the pain she then decided I should have the procedure in the hospital. Keep in mind this is all private practice now since she takes no OHIP or carte du soleil. The procedure is not necessary, I had 2 different doctors' opinions on this. I asked Dr. Jolly if I had to pay for the procedure at the Ottawa General or could she get someone else to do it. She immediately dropped me as her patient. She walked out and her assistant had to explain it to me over the phone, not in person. Plus I had to pay for S last visit as well. As far as I am concerned, it was very unprofessional on her part. She proved that she is keeping her practice only for the money and not the well being of her patients. I've been waiting for over 8 months now for a new gynecologist. Since I have a very, very rare immune disease and chemo, she know she was leaving me in a difficult situation. SHE SHOULD RETIRE. SHE'S TOO OLD. SHE PUTS HERSELF IN FRONT OF HER PATIENTS AND MONEY IS ALWAYS ATTACHED TO HER SERVICES (CASH OR DEBIT).

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr Jolly is a warm, caring doctor and a lovely person. After years of family doctors messing with my hormones, I eventually saw Dr Jolly who set everything straight, ran several tests and made me feel valued. I am more than happy to wait to see her because she sometimes has to deal with more urgent needs than mine.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

There are not enough good words to describe my experience with Dr. Jolly. Amazing!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I saw her twice about 3 or 4 years ago; each time I had to wait 3 hours. I just wanted a simple prescription but first her nurse asked me a thousand questions and then she asked me a thousand questions. She was rude and snotty and made me feel like a lab rat in her presence. I made an appointment to have a procedure done that she recommended but had to cancel because of a family matter. They said they would call me when I could have the procedure done but I'm still waiting to hear from them.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011